• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Are you feeling bad on methylation supps? or starting methylation? IMPORTANT INFO RE LOW POTASSIUM

Potassium citrate tablet available in 1080 mg by prescription only.
  2. J

Folic Acid level decreasing even after supplementation. Could be MTHFR?

Hair greying, loss--b12 deficiency. Given the folate issue, may be malabsorption. Can and does present without hematologic symptoms. See http://healthunlocked.com, the Pernicious anemia forum, read the attached articles first, then search hair, search folate.
  3. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Fredd experienced something similar. He has a post on another thread, but from memory the gist of it was the more b vitamins he took, the more folate he had to take. Potassium too I think. He re titrated and eventually got it back to reasonable amounts. I've used the Jarrow biotin , Coountry...
  4. J

Iodine protocol and B12

I took Lugol's 5% (50mg) for something under a year before I got sidetracked by Fredds protocol. Recently my psoriasis flared and I went back to my notes. I resumed the Lugol's and am bumping it up a bit. I strongly believe there is a synergy between these protocols. Note that iodine is being...
  5. J

Iodine, the hidden deficiency epidemic.

Eight drops of lugol's 5% is 50 milligrams. "Dr. David Brownstein said, “After testing individuals and finding low iodine levels, I began to use smaller milligram amounts of iodine/iodide (6.25mg/day). Upon retesting these individuals 1-2 months later, little progress was made. I therefore...
  6. J

Iodine, the hidden deficiency epidemic.

When I started researching my non-problem (essentially when my doctors dismissed my concerns for the final time), iodine was one of the first things I tried. Lugol's in water, 50 mg/day. I had no issues with it. In the excitement of finding the b-12 protocol, I slacked off the iodine. I just...
  7. J

Reactions to Iodine (iodoral) and Armour

Just read "Iodine crisis" by Farrow. She states that side effects can be avoided by taking half tsp sea salt in big glass of water. Evidently the iodine causes toxins, ESP bromide, to get flushed and the salt moves them out.
  8. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I want to share my family’s story. My three girls, my grandchild and my husband all have symptoms of poor methylation, but I want to start with my experience since it’s how I discovered methylation. I was hospitalized for 16 days in February 2013 with acute pancreatitis. In the first days my...
  9. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

We've been following the yasko protocol for my autistic grandson for about two months now, and are seeing big changes. People may question till hell freezes over, but as long as there is no help forthcoming from our md's, we will continue to research yasko, neulander, fredd and others and...
  10. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Up to p 110 and reading the posts about potassium. I've taken up to 1200 mg magnesium before bed for years for cramps and restless legs. After reading ahmo's posts I added the potassium and have been able to back off on the mg by half. This is great since even the glycinate is super lax for me.
  11. J

Genetic variants (SNPs) Interpretation Guide

Thanks for the guide, very helpful, and thanks for reminding me about niacinamide-- my husbands belching distress is much improved. Re athletes foot--soak in magnesium/Epsom salts, or simply massage in milk of magnesia. Works about 95% of the time. Re stress, depression, anxiety, paranoia...
  12. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Doesn't seem to be much activity lately. Folks following other threads? Is there a forum discussing snps?
  13. J

Active B12 Protocol Basics

Zinc can cause interference with iron stores.
  14. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Have a couple of questions. Just found the active b 12 thread and see the info on folic acid. Just received 2 bottles of Jarrow B Right. Pretty sure I overmethylate--any opinion on whether I could safely use the B Right? Have been reading Walsh (Nutrient Power, etc)--"...folic acid can reduce...
  15. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Asking one more time. Anyone else trying the embedded links to Wrongdiagnosis.com/ /1=1#post276448 getting hijacked to Our health.com/showthread.php?p=276448&posted=1
  16. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Just noticed that auto correct altered my name, exotic but not really me. Where do I change it?
  17. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks ahmo & cort Still getting linked to ourhealth.com from embedded links instead of wrongdiagnosis thread. Re why gut issues/toxic overload/autism, Parkinson's etc,etc,etc--Interesting article
  18. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hey all, I'm on p 87 of this thread (weeks to get this far!!!). Has anyone else had issues with links to the wrong diagnosis thread? Sorry if this has been addressed in the next 80 pages, but don't want to keep spinning my wheels. Keep getting directed to another site that can't find that page...