• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

High blood sugar after methylfolate?

Hi everybody, I am asking this question for a familymember. She started on the folate a couple weeks ago. She is also on te methylb12 and adenosylb12 and the basics from fredds protocol. The thing is, after she upped the methylfolate, her blood sugar has become way too high! What can this be? A...
  2. J

Listen to COMT or MTRRA66G?

Thanks Valentijn for your answer! But I can't help to wonder is using SNP's for other things, like the need for methylfolate or avoid sulfur, than also useless? What is your opinion about that?
  3. J

Listen to COMT or MTRRA66G?

Hi all, I am asking a question for a friend. She has done the 23andme test and her combination from the COMT and VDR genes suggest that she should uses hydroxob12. But her MTRRa66G is ++ wich i think suggest she should use methylb12? I am confused here what she should so, anyone has any advice...
  4. J

Need help with my mothers protocol

Thank you @whodathunkit and @aturtles for you answers. Pushing things a little bit (or a lot) seems the way to go for my mother, I tell her to do it slow, but she feels her own body the best and it looks like she needs really high dosages . We had indeed to much fear of potassium, so at the...
  5. J

Thank your for all of your answers. I've read caledonia's signatures but I am still confused ( allthoug it are great documents!). I understand that sometimes we have to cut down a bit (or a lot), but on the otherhand I've read: sometimes you have to push through ( i've read when someone didn't...
  6. J

@minkeygirl; i know. The probem is, she is so ill, its hard to say if its her illness or a side effect. A raging anger can be because of to much methylfolate? I 've had that from folic acid! I also have had to stop some supplements because i went to fast. And when I took a multivitamin things...
  7. J

@helen1 . Thank you for your answer! Do you think she went to fast with everything?She just said: i want healing going on, so i add one supplement a week. She tried to do a smaller amount of mb12, but she became more ill! So we upped it again. She tolerates the supplements without any side...
  8. J

Hi everybody, I need a bit of advice. My mother is really ill for at least 28 years. In 2013 we found out that we both have a b12deficiency.In october 2014 my mother has started Freddds protocol. She is taking per day: MB12: 10 mg injections and 80 mg sublinguals ( a lot but she really needs...
  9. J

Which methylfolate is te right one?

Hi, I am really confused about the methylfolaat. Which one is the right one to take? I have a few choices here in the Netherlands: Solgar 400 mcg (calcium-L-methylfolaat als Metafolin®)* But I have read that when it says calcium-Lmethylfolaat on the bottle, some of it is inactive? Thorne...
  10. J

Thorne B complex

Hello, I have a question about the Thorne Basic Bcomplex. The one I have used untill now has Ca-5-methyltetrahydrofolate. I wanted to order new Thorne Basic Bcomplex, but now it says 5 MTHF (quatrefolic) on the bottle. Is this both the same ingredient, but just another name? Thank you very...
  11. J

Need help with understanding folate and folic acid

@ahmo Thank you for taking the time to answer my question! You say that you noticed that your body was not happy after eating sprouts, wat kind of reaction did your body give you? I'm a bit lost now; i can't take folic acid because then I get sick and dizzy. But now I am taking b-complex with...
  12. J

@ahmo Wow, How did you manage to reduce you Mfolate so much? Just bij taken it sublingually instead of orally? K+ is potassium? And you can take it by footbad? I take it orally now, but my throat burns a bit from the tablets, that is not a nice feeling. I take only 800 mcg methylfolaat a day...
  13. J

Ahmo, I am also a bit afraid to increase the dose, can a I ask how much methylb12, methylfolaat, and potassium your taking? I know everybody needs a different dose, but just as an example. I am really afraid to increase my methylfolaat because of my strong and wrong reaction with folic acid. I...
  14. J

Thank you Peterpositive, it is indeed that product! But there's a lot of b1,b2 and b3 in it. I've read that high dosages of those increase your need for methylfolate. Can I take the thorne b-complex twice a day, or is that to much?
  15. J

Thats really great to hear ahmo, it gives me hope! For how long have you been on the protocol now? I have another question: I am using the Basic B-complex from Thorne right now, but it has 5MTHF with no L for it. Is this wrong? I understand there MUST be an L for it?
  16. J

Thank you ahmo! That guide is a great thing and helps a lot to understand everthing! May I ask how you are doing on the protocol? Did you have improvement?
  17. J

Thank you all for your answers! Ahmo, you don't eat green veggies at all anymore? Do you eat any other vegetables? The links from Ben Lynch are great! Thank you for that! PointsNorth: Thank you for the compliment, but sometimes I am glad there is 'google translate.' Methylfolate didn't do...
  18. J

Caledonia; Thank you for your answer! I wil try the methylfolate and see what will happen! But I am curious: when I don't process folic/folinic acid wel, did the folic acid stay in my blood or..?Because I felt really sick... And did it take away any of my b12, because the symptoms of my...
  19. J

Hi everyone, I'm new here and my English isn't great ( i am from the Netherlands) so i hope everyone can understand my writing. I am B12-deficient ( and use injections ) and I have read a lot on this forum the last few days, but i don't understand everything (yet). I'm very interested in folic...