• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Frosty

What could my reaction to testosterone mean?

Re E2; as well as T, I think some foods can increase this, i.e. chickpeas, peas, etc. Also check your SHBG. Mine was too high, so took Danazol to reduce it.
  2. Frosty

B12 test results

I ordered the 23andme test in the UK after it was recommended by Dr Lynch, so hopefully that may answer a few things. Link to the article: http://mthfr.net/mthfr-test-options-oral-swab-blood-test-or-saliva/2013/06/26/?inf_contact_key=2e61d3f7c99ffbd555cdf91b3e2b61f4173745a287ff0582208884c296d5b021
  3. Frosty

B12 test results

^ Glad to hear it. I'm also getting TRT (as mine was borderline), and this has made some improvements - both physically and mentally. Re testing MTHFR; I take it I only need to test for the following: MTHFR A1298C and MTHFR C677T? Is there an idiot's guide to this? ;)
  4. Frosty

B12 test results

Hi. Been meaning to check this, but not sure where to get tested in the UK. Yesterday, due to desperation, I injected 2mg of Hydro B12. Noticed positive changes to my health in a short time (i.e. major fatigue, depression and other issues typical of B12 def). Will probably inject on alternate...
  5. Frosty

B12 test results

No. Nothing was taken prior to the test.
  6. Frosty

B12 test results

Hi there. Just received my B12 test results, and would appreciate some help interpreting the numbers. Homocysteine 19 umol/l (0.0 - 15.0) Active B12 >128 pmol/l (25 - 108) Methylmalonic Acid 206 nmol/l (0 - 280) Concerned re elevated Homocycteine, and the active B12 (always been high...
  7. Frosty

High b12 levels and my story - Not sure where to post this, sorry!

I too came across this thread re elevated B12 via Google. Bear in mind that serum (blood) tests for this can give false negatives, including elevated B12 even though the patient is deficient!. It may just be that, on a cellular level, that your body isn't utilizing it properly. There's a decent...
  8. Frosty

High b12 levels and my story - Not sure where to post this, sorry!

Also check your magnesium, but bear in mind that serum tests are highly inaccurate. I used to get muscle twitches & cramps all the time. I now take lots of magnesium, and the muscle issues have vanished (as well as made me feel more calmer, besides other benefits). I highly recommend the book...