• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Please help me understand my 23andMe results

If you seem to do well on the methyl B12 sticking with that would be ideal since you have MTRRs. If not the hydroxy should work too. I don't know much about SAMe, others would know better. I'm 2x COMT +/+ with normal MAOA, same MTRRs as you. Been alternating hydroxy and methyl. The methyl B12...
  2. B

Please help me understand my 23andMe results

Looking at your genetic genie methylation profile. Keep in mind I'm hardly an expert. You've got MTHFR 677T homozygous, that's the big one. You'll have about 30% ability to convery folate to the active form. You'll definitely want to be taking methyl folate. You got two hetero MTRRs. You'll...
  3. B

CYP1B1 and COMT homozygous

Genetic Genie lists CYP1B1 L432V rs1056836 GG as +/+ while Sterling's App lists it as -/-. Does anyone know which is correct? If it is +/+ then I would have 2 homozygous variations on CYP1B1. Does anyone else have 2 homozygous variations on CYP1B1? Or CYP1B1 and COMT? Have you had estrogen...
  4. B

Need Assistance with results ...

Can anyone assist me with these results? With my limited knowledge I would have to guess that my methylation is fairly poor. Health issues experienced at times Strong anxiety / panic attacks Chronic Fatigue, regardless of amount of sleep Sexual "issues" Poor sleep / night waking Maybe someone...