• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Has anything helped your "brain fog"?

Celebrex is helping my brain fog and depression tremendously. LDN, Ketotifen, and Quercetin have also made an impact. The celebrex scares me because it has a warning about increasing risk for heart attack or stroke and I'm worried my doctor won't let me take it long term but honestly I'd be...
  2. B

Chronic Epstein Barr Virus...advice?

Just did some quick research and xmen seems unlikely, as it is x-linked and I'm a female. I could see my mom being a carrier or even having the disease given her health history and the history of all her relatives, but Id be absolutely shocked if my father had the disease. Plus if they both had...
  3. B

I've never even heard of xmen disease so I'll have to check it out, thank you so much! I haven't tried Valtrex because the only doc willing to treat me has been a naturopath, all the allopathic doctors I've seen have said there isn't any treatment and I just need to deal with it and keep...
  4. B

Hello all. I'm age 26, and I had mono for the first time when I was 15. It was an unusually severe case that lasted 1.5 years, and ever since then I've had relapses yearly, lasting up to 9 months, and never with more than 6 months tops in between full relapses (but usually relapses come sooner...