• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Burning in spine

I am just saying I was fit in every way. interestingly one of my very close relative used Statin and now he is having the same issues, still years after stopping statins (he stopped in 2014 or 2015). I don't know what is in common in Fin/SP/Accutane/Staints ? Why people keep suffering for years...
  2. S

Burning in spine

Stenosis, Spondylitis, and Chiari Malformation, are congenital. that means I am different from you. My issues started suddenly along with many other issues (tentacular shrinkage, low T , muscle loss etc). Just to clear I was perfectly normal prior to these all issues, fully fertile, father of...
  3. S

Burning in spine

yes I think I will have to go for MRI. I have done two MRIs but they were soon after quitting saw palmetto and without contrast. you did not mention the root cause of your issues. If you can share that would be great.
  4. S

Burning in spine

I've had burning spine/neck/back at night and mornings for a loong time. Finally got a MRI done of the spine done earlier this year and I have cervical scoliosis (neck) and arthritis/spondylosis of the spine along with suspected radiculopathy. Cannot believe you have all of my symptoms, 100%...
  5. S

Response to Prednisone?

Hi Pogoman, Would you mind telling how your side effects started? Have you used Saw palmetto / Finasteride /Accutane etc in the past?
  6. S

Rituximab for MCS and CFS

Hi Guys. Kudos to @kyzcerg for his efforts. I have been exactly in the same boat for 12 years after using saw palmetto. I was also thinking that SP has caused some Autoimmune issues in my body and then searched in the google and landed on this thread. Just like you guys I have done many tests...
  7. S

Lingering statin side effects

Also have you tried Turmeric or Vitamin D? what effects you got?
  8. S

So what do you think what cause your T and Thyroid go low? what was the trigger? Have you used any shampoo, or Acne medicine like Accutane or high blood pressure medicine? Do you know any body with positive HMGCR antibodies test after statins? My friend has got sides after using Statins. He is...
  9. S

@pogoman Could you please describe your story? how this all started? I first thought you were normal healthy person and then used Statins, which affected your health badly but looks it is not true.
  10. S

Pogoman I have some more questions to ask but this is not my or your thread. Could you take discussion to other thread of your own where we can chat? thanks
  11. S

Thanks a lot Pogoman. If you don't mind how is your testosterone level sexual life? Mine is ruined. 1- Did T level and sexual health improve after the treatment? 2- your muscle strength and sleep? My T level is very low. I had no problem before this mess. Was normal just like any body. It...
  12. S

This thread consists of posts which have been moved from the following thread at user's request, to create a new thread, as they were getting off-topic: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/metabolic-myopathy.62056/ hi @pogoman, Not sure where to post this, so please pardon me. I...
  13. S

adrenal extract

Hi Ahmo and Adster I am new here.My short back ground. I was health and happy upto few years back. USed stupidly Saw Palmetto extract for 3-4 months and my health took a nose dive. I stopped SP about four years ago but my health is permanently destroyed. I have become kind of disable due to...
  14. S

Comment by 'sp2000' in 'Thyroid & Adrenal glands'

@SickOfSickness could you please contact me? thanks
  15. S

Comment by 'sp2000' in 'Thyroid & Adrenal glands'

SickOfSickness, are you still taking desiccated thyroid? is it still helping you, any side effects?
  16. S

Best brands/forms of chlorella, silica and other detoxing agents

Hi SickofSicknes, I saw your post here http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?entries/thyroid-adrenal-glands.1128/ I am suffering from side effects of Saw Palmetto. I am thinking to start desiccated thyroid and adrenal. Since you used them what are your comments? how long did you use...