• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. cman89

" The guts of the issue" ... on the microbiome

This guy obviously declined to wait:http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/4/11581994/fmt-fecal-matter-transplant-josiah-zayner-microbiome-ibs-c-diff
  2. cman89

Iceman Wim Hof Breathing Method

I have heard of positive results from Zen Meditation, and Tantric Breathing practices also. When tolerated, cold exposure alone can help with immune regulation, as long as it is metered properly. Any combination of these techniques can be useful. I use vibration breathing to address migraine...
  3. cman89

Does Anyone Have Math-Only Brain Fog?

Well, technically, multiple parts of the brain process math, but "working memory" is essential for doing quick calculations , and that can be affected by ME Brain Fog. As far as sinuses, I have just used neti pot rinses and nasonex. I was perscribed antibiotics for an old sinus infection once...
  4. cman89

Does Anyone Have Math-Only Brain Fog?

It has been suspected that I may have chronic sinus issues, but I think part of that may have just been a radiologist guessing. Past attempts to treat sinus issues have potentially helped though..
  5. cman89

Valley Fever Fungus Invades the Brain in 3 Rare Cases

Ive always wondered about that Gulf states phenomenon, however I think it is doubly possible that locals have a degree of resistance to pathogens endemic to the region, and that sickness numbers may be under reported. Thirdly, it could also be that it required a "prefect storm"of triggers for...
  6. cman89

True, however this illness can be triggered by quite a few different pathogens, at least according to some major hypotheses.
  7. cman89

Bad reaction to Apple Cider Vinegar -- histamine or die-off?

Keep in mind also, that methylation supps also affect neurotransmitters, and so a lot of times I would suspect that the so called "detox" from this may also be neurotransmitters being activated stronger than they were before. This can be disconcerting for those that are not used to it. Very...
  8. cman89

I read somewhere recently about different bacteria,fungus,and parasites in the sand of Iraq, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia being partially implicated in Gulf War syndrome, so I think certain cases of Valley fever could be plausible in Me type illness.
  9. cman89

More Evidence that a Sufficient Calorie-Keto Diet can help with Mito Function

Interesting. See, I feel more brain foggy on the diet than I do when fasting, so I am not sure if its keto flu or what, but "on-diet" I dont feel too starved, just sluggish. I feel more stable though, especially with the headaches I was having being reduced greatly. Thats my main motivator for...
  10. cman89

Im already starting to have doubts, though I admit im not a patient person. How long did it take you to keto adapt? And what kind of activity can you sustain at this point? (Its always hard to tell on this forum)
  11. cman89

Problem with me though, is I cant afford to lose any weight, so getting enough calories has been difficult in some ways.
  12. cman89

I am using it to stabilize some symptoms while I try to address some other issues, namely gut stuff and possible immune/metal issues. I was having migraine and tremor before I switched, but I am going to stick with it in the short term because of its ability to take a few things off my plate and...
  13. cman89

Its already doing so. I think I made a mistake after my gastro bout in India by taking too many probiotics right away, rather than waiting a bit until things settled down. This probably threw a wrench in the Gut microbiota situation. The keto diet is both to control my current symptoms, and to...
  14. cman89

I have heard of the nitic oxide connection. I know I have a sensitivity to Beets that I used to not have. Have you heard of nay pro biotic ways to go about attempting to address this?
  15. cman89

I am experimenting with this as a way to treat Migraines and Some tremor symptoms
  16. cman89

http://caloriesproper.com/ketoadaptation/mito-1/
  17. cman89

Do we know enough about mitochondrial problems in ME/CFS now to assess likely benefits from CoQ10?

I was going to start a separate post about this, but ill insert it in here anyways, since I think it holds good value. This is from a blog regarding the ketogenic diet which I am experimenting with, and it shows some cool evidential pictures of mitochondrial up regulation with a Ketogenic diet...
  18. cman89

PEMF device experiences

I am looking at trying this for Migraine and Tremor symptoms, but like many here, I dont want to waste money, as it is a pretty big investment for me at this point. Was there a way to purchase, trial, and return with rebate?
  19. cman89

Help Finding Info on Chelating Lead

I know that we focus a lot on Mercury here on the forums, but from what I know, ALA does not chelate lead, unless I am mistaken about that. Is anyone aware of methods people have used to target specifically Lead toxicty? And how could that affect mercury chelation at the same time?
  20. cman89

Comment by 'cman89' in 'Let's Talk Butyrate, again, Part I'

I wouldnt be surprised if those that took Butyrate had too much at once compared to what the body and proper bacteria would ferment in a natural state. Perhaps it would be more beneficial to look at getting the gut back to rpime butyrate producing level rather than supplementing.
  21. cman89

Need Advice on What to Try Next

To be completely honest, what I have is more like a post-viral headache rather than full on Migraine symptoms. Its irritating and debilitating when bad, but the level of pain with migraine is worse, at least from what I hear. My symptoms first popped up a few years ago, but have lingered since I...
  22. cman89

Question for megadose B12 users: Can one develop ’tolerance’?

It is known that if someone gets accustomed to megadoses of vitamin C and suddenly decreases their intake drastically, they will develop scurvy even if they didn’t have it to begin with. Could something similar be at play here? Am I feeding a hungry ghost? Or should I persevere in upping MB12...
  23. cman89

Thats understandable. Some folks cant afford to take breaks on certain supplements. I do agree that if you feel that b vitamins and other supplements have helped healing, then its worth it to try to push through side effects in some manner. I know for sure that starting and stopping certain...
  24. cman89

Need Advice on What to Try Next

So, I have been using methylation supps for a few years now, with good result. I am looking at trying to add on to what I already take, to see if I can bring it to the next level, and help address some migraine like symptoms I have been dealing with lately. Here is what I take: Methylcobalamin...
  25. cman89

I have always used sublingual absorption, and it works pretty well for my needs. So I cant relate exactly to the patch method, but I can tell you that I have experienced these so called 'dips' before, and I am actually working on a dosing setup that will allow me to split the dosage somehow...
  26. cman89

What are the Current Reccomendations for B12 , Folate, etc...BRANDS

What I tell people regarding this issue is that the "wired" feeling, while unpleasant to some, can also be a sign of nurotransmitters being re-activated and levels of such being bumped up compared to previous levels. This can make some people feel very stimulated. I would think that the danger...
  27. cman89

The dibencozide is also far less neurologically stimulating, at least from what I can tell, so you may be able to tolerate larger doses. Of course, thats all based on subjective experience, so good luck.
  28. cman89

the dibencozide only creates noticeable effects when one is able to do longer duration cardio type exercise, at least in my experience. When I am feeling more well, I use it before a long walk, or a hike, or some other type activity, and I can certainly notice effects on my endurance, but...