• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. waxleaves

Long-term overmethylation--advice requested

Update: I think my anxiety is slowly but steadily lessening, while I am settling into state of what feels like a decrease in motivation. I am still not taking any methylfolate and am taking niacin, 50mg several times a day, along with the b12 and other b vitamins discussed above, potassium...
  2. waxleaves

It looks like kidney values are back to normal since lithium was decreased in 2012. BUN and creatinine were off at that time, tested and re-tested 4 times. I have supplemented with ox bile in the past but the standard 500mg dose is too much for my system--I need to find a way to divide the...
  3. waxleaves

Caledonia, thanks for all this information about the micronutrient depletion. I have begun supplementing with B vitamins and a few others but it looks like there are others I need to look into and some things I need to bring to my doctor. Also of note, I just got my blood testing results...
  4. waxleaves

I have gut issues--but since I have no gallbladder, it's so hard to pinpoint from moment to moment what's causing what. I haven't had stool testing but it sounds like a good idea.
  5. waxleaves

Wow, good to know on both counts. I have no trouble with 400mg mag glycinate so I just tried adding another 200mg. The pharmacy down the street has transdermal, too.
  6. waxleaves

I have been diagnosed with celiac disease so have been gluten-free for about three years--it makes a huge difference with digestion, mood, and so much else. I try to eat real foods as much as possible--vegetables, meat, minimal dairy, no soy. Minimizing sugar is terribly difficult because of...
  7. waxleaves

I would love to get off the lithium but I know that the other psych meds are going to be in place for a long time--and that's okay with me. They have dramatically improved my life. But I honestly don't notice any difference in mental symptoms when the lithium dose changes and it is so hard on my...
  8. waxleaves

Definitely 0.7. I'm not currently having B12 shots--my last one was on 9/9/14. I really liked them, but haven't been able to get in because of travel and work. When I had my first shot, my color came back a bit (as it does when I've been eating properly, like now) and I felt like I had a bit...
  9. waxleaves

Last TSH I had was 0.717 in August 2013, which seems to be low within the normal range but since it's still within that normal range my doctor was fine with it. I brought it to another doctor and she wasn't concerned, either. Does it look low? I've been on Seroquel for 7 years--it was a godsend...
  10. waxleaves

I'm taking, daily, 600mg Lithium, 100mg topamax, 7.5mg lexapro, 100mg Seroquel; 400mg magnesium glycinate; 1 capsule holistic health all-in-one (just started that yesterday--had not been on a multi before); 25mg zinc citrate; 500mg Jarrow NAC; also just started (Weds) 1 tab Perque activated B12...
  11. waxleaves

Hello all, I am a new user and have been reading many of the threads here, looking for information, as I believe I am quite overmethylated and possibly experiencing methyl trapping. I stumbled upon this thought recently after learning about the various methylation protocols. I was put on 5-MTHF...