• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Jammy88

What to fight first bacteria or viruses?

Hi im interested too. I tested positive for EBV DNA (12 years after infection) and Chalmydia Pneumoniae IgA/IgG
  2. Jammy88

Medical Sexism In Healthcare Is Real … Women Are Sharing Times They Were Misdiagnosed Because Their Doctors Didn't Take Them Seriously

That’s a shame . Unfortunately it doesn’t happen to women only . I am a man and doctors rarely help me out. Especially men ones . Women doctors are more empathetic
  3. Jammy88

Could dogs smell ME/CFS? They're already doing it for Covid-19

Me/CFS is caused by many different triggers / pathogens / environmental factors . So I think it’s unlikely to have dogs smell it since it’s not a unique disease
  4. Jammy88

Undiagnosed Immunosuppression

Hello @undiagnosed , any new tests you tried ? Any new doctors following you ? Thanks, best J
  5. Jammy88

Peer-to-peer metagenomics investigation

Hello, i would be interested in testing my plasma as well. If you find a new company which can provide this service , please let me know. thanks, best
  6. Jammy88

Is it a new disease or its CFS ?

I’d like to know how is everybody doing today. I have a similar condition, you can find the story in some threads I opened years ago. I’d like to know whether I’m still contagious or not . I met a new person whom I truly like . But I’m scared of making her sick
  7. Jammy88

ALS diagnosed !!

My story can be read here: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/guess-im-part-of-the-club.33075/ I had an accidental contact with blood
  8. Jammy88

ALS diagnosed !!

Hi @Insajad and thanks for asking . It all started on March 7th, 2014 for me. It’s been 7 tough years .. also from a psychological point of view . I can live, but my energy is limited
  9. Jammy88

@Omar88 I hope you are ok and you're making it thru this pandemic
  10. Jammy88

Have you guys also experienced fast aging and wasting in face ? My face is hardly comparable to the one I had 7 years ago and aged so fast after the undiagnosed infection I got. As per the natural killer cells, I remember I had my NK tested even prior to that time and they were already low...
  11. Jammy88

Hey @undiagnosed , yes I can totally relate with what you say . I’m 7 years in and I haven’t found any solution either . I can live , but I have ongoing issues and the stress and depression coming along with that are undeniable . It’s so tough to look at the future with some hope. Just trying to...
  12. Jammy88

Hello @undiagnosed , how are you currently feeling ? Any improvements in your general health status ? What’s your level of functionality ? Best -Matteo
  13. Jammy88

Severe Relapse

@bensmith I feel you. What a coincidence, I am too relapsing with neuro symptoms. I got an infection - not Covid, tho - and now I'm bedridden most of the time. As I was back in 2014. I'm at my limit too. But we have to react! (somehow) Best wishes and please keep us posted on how it goes
  14. Jammy88

ALS diagnosed !!

Hello @ashyam86343 , thanks for asking. I'm still alive, and had been quite well for a couple years. In October I got some kind of infection, again, and now I'm trying to recover from it. Many of the 'original' symptoms came back. Not a fun time. I hope you're doing ok.
  15. Jammy88

What induced your ME?

my ME CFS was induced by an unknown infection.
  16. Jammy88

Hi NotSure, so sorry to hear that. What are your symptoms?
  17. Jammy88

Hi friend, If you get access to similar kind of tests, please let me know. Cuz I would be interested too. Thank you and best wishes
  18. Jammy88

Comment by 'Jammy88' in 'AUGUST 2016 UPDATE: Still in Remission, now studying FULL-TIME and applying to med school'

My situation is very similar to yours. I appreciate your efforts. Good luck with your life!
  19. Jammy88

Hi undiagnosed, I'm not a Doctor - just a patient dealing with symptoms following an unknown infection I got in 2014. However, even though I don't know what you have, I'm sure your problem is not HIV. I invite you to focus your attention on other retroviruses and autoimmune diseases ( which...
  20. Jammy88

Ringing in ears

Frog, have you tried melatonin at night before going to sleep? It's supposed to help with tinnitus. In my case worked pretty good
  21. Jammy88

Changes in face

Hello guys, I just wanted to pick this thread up again, since my main issue at the moment - concerning my face - is dark circles under eyes and collagen loss (i.e. tear through) . Are there any remedies? :( My face is still not the one I was used to. And people often say I'm tired, even when...
  22. Jammy88

Zika Case Associated w/Immune Thrombocytopenia Purpura(ITP)

Almost nothing goes right in our world, so I totally agree with you.
  23. Jammy88

Biotins cofactors?

Hi douglas, You should probably give it time. :) How long have you tried it for?
  24. Jammy88

New moles: prevention?

Hi friend, I'm getting better now, 2 years after infection. Main treatment is vitamins and supplements - vit. B, omega 3, vit. C, lysine, curcumin, biotin - all of these are very helpful, although not a cure. Also, Acyclovir (antiviral) was great in reducing my symptoms. I hope I will be...
  25. Jammy88

Comment by 'Jammy88' in 'Remission: completed 1st university semester with minimal struggle and top grades'

CONGRATULATIONS ! and yes, go for Med School ! Your contribution to every kind of patient would be invaluable - considering that you perfectly know what 'being sick' means. Although I hope you get a complete remission one day soon :) Keep it on !
  26. Jammy88

MS "cured'

I would be down to risk death… I wouldn't care. This might also be kind of a cure for CFS, too - given that MS and CFS are pretty similar.
  27. Jammy88

Role of overstress in CFS

same here. :(
  28. Jammy88

Role of overstress in CFS

I believe most of the time our issues are due to infections. Of course, stress makes things worse. Hope you guys can have a happy Christmas.. stay positive and keep praying. Cheers