• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Large Donner

Dr David Tuller: My one-sided correspondence with Prof Crawley 4th Dec 2017

I will be out of my depth until further notice.
  2. Large Donner

Voices:Bristol Uni. both denies and supports Prof Crawley in her career enhancing “heroic vict

Proven falsehood. So what, why cant Bristol cough up for it they must have an insurance or other such funds for such things IF THERES A GENUINE CASE! Person one: X did this very bad thing to me to damage my reputation and is harassing me. Person two: Well if it fits the legal definition of...
  3. Large Donner

Please can TeamPR help child threatened with 'intensive inpatient treatment' for failing to recover

Doctors can have opinions of course but not being informed enough to allow the patient not to comply with informed consent is not acceptable. People may be in precarious positions when it comes to their children, but asking for clarification in writing for a stance is something I have used in...
  4. Large Donner

Please can TeamPR help child threatened with 'intensive inpatient treatment' for failing to recover

In the UK ME or CFS IS NOT listed as a psychiatric condition. It has been clarified over and over again in official circles like the Department of Health and they clearly state that they are clear that it is neurological and subscribe to the WHO ICD code. That needs to be clear with this GP for...
  5. Large Donner

David Tuller: My brief encounter with Prof Crawley

If its a school attendance issue you DO NOT need a consultant to sanction home education if you chose to go that route. You just take the child off the school register by informing the head of the school. I would not give any reasons for home educating in the deregister letter especially if its...
  6. Large Donner

@Countrygirl I can make a donation also to any tests required if the mother needs some crowdfunding.
  7. Large Donner

Guardian goes BPS on Fibromyalgia (Lady Gaga)

So basically if you have a brain it will experience things otherwise you would be dead.
  8. Large Donner

Don't worry Countrygirl I just have these little snippets of info here and there in my head. I doubt it will affect anything that he told you what you can and cannot say about the event.
  9. Large Donner

That's a trick question in a legal sense really, often used by self appointed judges. It means "do you stand under my order", if you say yes you have contracted with the person. The best reply often if you do not want to consent is, "I do not stand under that statement".
  10. Large Donner

She really is playing at some increasingly bizarre venues to some very dubious crowds for a proclaimed scientist, maybe that does say something. She is definitely on some kind of PR tour, what she is doing is definitely not science.
  11. Large Donner

There's no way she wont play herself shes got a body language and acting coach already by the looks of it. Even though she will come across like one of those deluded people in the early rounds of the X Factor I'm a sure she couldn't resist the cameo.
  12. Large Donner

I really wonder if the rest of the BPS crowd are cheering her on or are really nervy she is going to raise the curtain on them through her increasingly bizarre claims.
  13. Large Donner

Esther Crawley - talk 17th Nov Mood disorders Centre, Exeter Uni

The problem we have is she always has the default position, "Its not my fault everyone else conflated ME with the tired teenagers I work with". My work has always been on mood disordered teens with fatigue that is chronic."
  14. Large Donner

This is no surprise this is the tactic such people have always used, instead of addressing their critics claims (that would just shine a light on the claims) they just keep you fire fighting by pumping out more and headline grabbing crap so that you cant keep up. They "win" by pumping out...
  15. Large Donner

What makes people stand up in the Q and A and ask questions asking you to back up your claims with data?? Errr, Urmmm....the scientific method! Indeed! Poor Esther makes up a pack of delusions and then some people ask her to back up her claims. :rolleyes: Wow. "Get out if you are going...
  16. Large Donner

The funny thing is she has arrived late on the scene and the pole is greasier than ever. It really seems the Wizards, White and Wessely who keep claiming to be retired, have gone very quiet as they puppet her in the background with their increasing ages, weak backs and diminishing strength...
  17. Large Donner

Ah ha, so its true, there weren't any scientists there!
  18. Large Donner

Ms Crawley 17th Nov in Exeter Mood Disorders: New research in ME research

Its just astonishing that she remains deputy head of the CMRC, that Holgate continues to support her and prohibits any criticism of her whilst she goes around the country blatantly making stuff up. The CMRC is a joke and she is the headlining comedienne!!!!
  19. Large Donner

Instructions by what authority? Were they saying that no one can report back on any scientific claims made today? Are you referring only to un published papers?
  20. Large Donner

Really? After the run down of what appears to have been said there, should I really want to hear more?
  21. Large Donner

Come on just give us a clue was it good or bad on our behalf?
  22. Large Donner

:New paper 10th Nov: Brain chemistry study shows CFS and GWI as unique disorders

I wouldn't get too excited about any papers claiming changes in "brain chemistry". Psychs can spin that anyway they want. They already have existing paradigms for all such eventualities and can easily spin their favoured treatments into the "brain chemistry" model.
  23. Large Donner

Column News UK highlight that ME patients are falsely accused of harassment by Wessley and Crawley

Absolutely, some of these older Aunties really need to sort their facial hair out!
  24. Large Donner

Column News UK highlight that ME patients are falsely accused of harassment by Wessley and Crawley

I have heard of this channel before they talk about some interesting stuff but also some people may consider some of their stuff far out. I dont. My personal belief is to not just accept or dismiss stuff at face value but to listen all the way through to a claim, its evidence base and...
  25. Large Donner

Screening of Unrest at Bath department of psychology: a matter of concern?

http://www.drjodaniels.com/pages/publications.html
  26. Large Donner

From further links on her page http://www.drjodaniels.com/pages/cbt.html
  27. Large Donner

From her link: I'm not sure that's the prescribed aim of CBT anywhere. CBT is primarily not used to alleviate psychological problems and distress caused by physical health problems. It may possibly be used for that if the situation calls for it but I am unaware of anywhere that makes the...