• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Thyroid

The autoimmune disease Hashimoto's does not present with antibodies in approximatley 30% of cases I believe.
  2. S

Hydrocortisone & Thyroid Hormone Use in ME/CFS + Misdiagnosing Rarer Hypothyroidisms as ME/CFS

Who funds the research into science based theories Barb? "Science" is now heavily influenced.
  3. S

Hydrocortisone & Thyroid Hormone Use in ME/CFS + Misdiagnosing Rarer Hypothyroidisms as ME/CFS

Could you please explain why not and do you think the short synacthen test is more reliable. Thank you
  4. S

Really at a low ebb

Morning Cosmo, how are you feeling today?
  5. S

Really at a low ebb

Yes I agree, it is terrible that you are so young and in such pain. LDN may help but you should get yourself seen. How are your magnesium, B12 and vit D levels, have they been checked, also inflammation markers. Take care and wishing you a restful night, tomorrow is a new day. (sorry I am new to...
  6. S

Really at a low ebb

I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling this way Cosmo. You are not alone and there are others that feel like you today. You are not complaining, you have been seriously let down. I also feel very let down today, sometimes there is little hope. You have to be very kind to yourself, yes a...
  7. S

Stop the Thyroid Madness 1 and 2 by Janie A Bowthorpe she is the Editor of her second book. She challenges ineffective diagnosis and treatments. Her latest book is littered with evidence and references. She has facebook groups and has helped a tremendous amount of people. If you are in the UK...
  8. S

Discussion about concerns that some dodgy treatments get promoted by patients to patients.

Personally, I am very concerned about both the heavy metals used in pharmaceuticals and the 'pharmaceuticals' themselves and so should everybody with ME/ CF. The accumulation of such metals from whatever sources are particularly detrimental to those patients that are MTHFR gene compromised.
  9. S

Hip, it is incredibly important that you have your Free T3 levels checked. If your doctor states that your thyroid levels are 'fine' it would be interesting to see what he checked..possibly only TSH and FreeT4 and where you sit in the reference ranges. DOCTORS DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SCREEN FOR...
  10. S

Discussion about concerns that some dodgy treatments get promoted by patients to patients.

I find this very interesting as to what you might class as 'safe' and 'unsafe'. I would just like to comment that many pharmaceutical drugs such as antidepressants, statins and vaccines contain heavy metals (as in the flu jab). Yet these are strongly recommended by most GP's.
  11. S

[ Glad to hear that you will pursue this and have your thyroid levels investigated further. I gather that you purchase your own T3, has your Gp checked your FT3 levels? most GP's will not test for this routinely. This poor young girl may also have 'borderline' thyroid and cortisol levels...
  12. S

You say you are not hypothyroid but you also state that T3 might have been the cause of an uncharacteristic energetic period. Do you not think the doctors may have been wrong and you more than likely have a low functioning thyroid. There is much worldwide debate on diagnosis and treatment...