• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. JalapenoLuv

Does Valtrex block mitochondrial reproduction?

Not at all. She is mocking the discussion and presenting no real rebuttle.
  2. JalapenoLuv

That question makes no sense. It is also against the forum rules to be argumentative.
  3. JalapenoLuv

Chakra healing for ME/CFS

Reiki believes there is an energy field around the body that develops problems. Science considers it woo because the practitioners can't show they can even detect if a person is present.
  4. JalapenoLuv

Chakra healing for ME/CFS

Once the brain fog set in I found sitting meditation impossible.
  5. JalapenoLuv

Yes it is relevant and the ability to re-evaluate a position based on the evidence is a requirement for research. Another issue I have is that Lerner comments that valtrex causes cells to be resistant to apoptosis. This could be due to the fact that they have a mitochondrial deficit (they are...
  6. JalapenoLuv

According to Xiong this is false because acyclovir has a significant bystander effect in vivo. So all of the tissue next to the infected tissue will be loaded with mitochondrial poison. This actually explains why people with longer histories of CFS before treatment don't get well, they have a...
  7. JalapenoLuv

Depends. There are a few factors in play. The improvements take a very long time. So maybe the process is that the viral counts go down, followed by decreased autoantibodies which allows the mitochondria to recover. However the patients aren't recovered enough to exercise so something is...
  8. JalapenoLuv

This is why you should keep a treatment diary.
  9. JalapenoLuv

My integrative MD recommended immunovir but the cost is $149.32 per month (6 months on Cheney protocol) from a Canadian pharmacy so I said no. It boosts T cell output so you get a more vigorous immune response. Of course because the EBV never clears you're on it for life. Conventional MDs...
  10. JalapenoLuv

Mental changes are a sign of bartonella and I see that you have a cat picture on your profile. Cats often have bartonella and give it to people. Many bartonella strains aren't caught on the usual tests. It would be interesting to see how you did on rifampin + either (azithromycin or...
  11. JalapenoLuv

Very low vitamin C tolerance...any significance?

Yes but liposomal is a high absorption form that is bypassing the normal absorption mechanism. I wouldn't advise it. It sounds like you're overdosing. I've taken up to 2 g vit C but never every day and not had any side effects.
  12. JalapenoLuv

Very low vitamin C tolerance...any significance?

Maybe you took too much vit C so your body decreased its absorption. Lay off for a few days then try it.
  13. JalapenoLuv

How do you feed yourself?

Living alone I have to deal with this issue. Here is what I do. Cook as simply as possible, use frozen vegetables and canned fish, canned beans, organic tomato sauce from a jar and dried meat. I use a Foodsaver vacuum sealer with a wide mouth jar attachment so save unused portions in mason...
  14. JalapenoLuv

Sorry, I thought Celebrex was an AD. I looked it up and it's a NSAID. It still would have a pain relieving effect because that's what NSAIDS do.
  15. JalapenoLuv

Most likely the antidepressant relieved the pain and not the valtrex. You can't tell unless you stop the valtrex and see what happens. Here's a great way to eliminate EBV, make a virus that causes the cell to self destruct. This geneticist made one for cancer and he can't get funding. A...
  16. JalapenoLuv

Lehrner isn't an idiot. Like omitting the low EIPS score patients, he probably wasn't seeing a consistent pain reduction effect and intentionally choose to not quantify it. I'm a CFS patient just like you Heaps and I support self experimentation. On the other hand, it is critical to test...
  17. JalapenoLuv

The 4R Gut Rebuilding Program Summary

GMO roundup is anti-microbial. How about just eating Captain Crunch, pasta and Prego tomato sauce for a few days to sterlize the gut? It's cheaper.
  18. JalapenoLuv

The patients were already functional enough to be a EIPS 3 or 4 so they would be doing that already. Valtrex doesn't decrease pain. I suspect there is a disease progression and that this is the reason you don't see patients with 1 or 2 being included in the study-they would be over 7 years and...
  19. JalapenoLuv

No the big question is what are the causes of the anti-cardiolipin IgM and to figure out how to get rid of them. Bacteria and viruses that disable apoptosis do exactly that. Cells become long lived incubators, allowing the infections to spread. The more we know about the causes the better...
  20. JalapenoLuv

Thanks Heaps. The sample size was larger and I'm ok with him not having control groups. EIPS for the group a herpesvirus responder group only was lower this time, it didn't hit 7 so again patients are stuck with a sedentary job and no exercise. I don't like him considering patients with a...
  21. JalapenoLuv

That was my goof. Slow pc. Looking at Lerhner's one on valtrex from 2007 which is free online. Table II says that his sample size for group 1 was only 14 and 27 for group 2. The minimum sample size needed to good statistical significance is 30. So neither of the groups results meet the...
  22. JalapenoLuv

I was just reading over Montoya's 2013 study on valtrex. The results are terrible. There was no improvement in fatigue, just mental fatigue and self reported cognitive function. We can't even tell how much improvement because they didn't quantify it so I have to assume it wasn't much. Rxlist...
  23. JalapenoLuv

Chronic Epstein Barr Virus...advice?

Britt, Aside from the EBV do you have any other chronic symptoms such as: joint or bone pain muscle twitches cold skin inability to get a fever inability to get a head cold anxiety depression irritability difficulty starting urination tinnitus gagging dropping held objects Poor coordination...
  24. JalapenoLuv

Cost to benefit, if valtrex can't take a CFS patient and get them well enough to work somehow then it really doesn't justify the expense. 500 mg of generic valacyclovir 2x/day costs $58.90 for someone on the discount plan scriptsave using Kroger pharmacy. The lower quantity was found to be...
  25. JalapenoLuv

heaps, Do you have a positive test showing low natural killer cell function? I agree with you that the viral problem seems secondary to an underlying immune disorder of some kind. NZB, What dose of valtrex are you taking and how many times per day. What percent of normal are you on valtrex?
  26. JalapenoLuv

The 4R Gut Rebuilding Program Summary

It's a mistake to say "remove all GMO foods from the diet." The problem isn't that foods are GMO but that some conventional GMO crops are sprayed with roundup pesticide, people eat this pesticide and it destroys their intestinal bacteria. A better way is to avoid the dirty dozen high pesticide...
  27. JalapenoLuv

Olive Leaf Extract: Where to go from here?

I think you should try the Takuna now, it works at a much lower dose and that would save you money and give your body some relief for the liver, etc. It works very fast. You should notice improvement in a few days.
  28. JalapenoLuv

So are you still on valtrex? Do you have to keep taking it for it to work? How long did you have CFS for prior to starting the drug?
  29. JalapenoLuv

Olive Leaf Extract: Where to go from here?

You could try takuna from Nutramedix and see how it compares. I've had really good success with that for EBV and at a much lower dose than what you're taking. I started around 20 drops (max dose is 60 drops). I'd love to hear the anti-viral mechanism for olive leaf. I can't find much info...