• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

COMT, MAO, CBS, VDR, MTRR, where to start?

And I was advised to take ~250 mg/day of activated charcoal. Again, helpful or harmful? I'm trying to clear stress hormones and excess estrogens. I have poor phase 2 liver detox due to methylation issues. I cannot afford to feel worse/more depleted. If I take it I'll space it out many hours away...
  2. S

Great...but it's supposed to help CFS and mito fxn, no? I don't know what to believe anymore. I think we're all so individual...how are we to tell if something will help or hurt us? Thank you, UM MAN.
  3. S

Hi, I recently ran my 23andme data through the Neurological Research Institute tool. Here are my pertinent results: SNP Gene Variation Result Call RS4680 COMT V158M +/- AG RS4633 COMT H62H +/- CT RS731236 VDR Taq TT AA RS2228570 VDR Fok FF GG RS6323 MAO A R297R +/- GT RS1801394 MTRR A66G +/+...