• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. nimo

Head clears when body fighting infection! Please help!

I have a slightly different response - I feel better at the start and end of an infection, but worse during. So, say on a scale of 1 to 10 (1=worst,10=best) it might go something like this: Pre-infection = 6 Days 1&2 = 8 Days 3-10 = 4 Days 11&12 = 8 Post-infection = 6 I suffer hay-fever from...
  2. nimo

1st time functional testing - on or off supplements? When?

I guess they are happy with SAH instead of Hcy as a marker for an overview of the cycle, but, like you say, it's not necessarily going to tell you what the Hcy level might be. Seeing as how important Hcy appears to be IMHO, especially as it's at the middle of a crossroads (cycle, cycle...
  3. nimo

Hi Crit. Thanks for your reply. Sorry for my late reply, but my brain decided to take a week off...again! Useful to know you were off everything for 4 days for the Nutreval. The HDRI Methylation Pathway includes S-adenosylhomocysteine, which I think they think is as good as measuring...
  4. nimo

CBS+ and CTH+ combination (or any CTH info!)

Thank you for that link. I thought I'd read enough forum posts and other sources to see a spread of views, but I haven't before seen anything to counter Yasko's 5-10x assertion. From that thread: The quoted 1.1x may still be an issue for me. I think I do have ammonia and sulfur compound...
  5. nimo

I found a thread started by Rich mentioning another CTH @ rs12737233 implicated in autism, and possibly CFS/ME, which is not in SNPedia/OMIM. http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/seeking-23andme-input-to-track-down-me-cfs-genetic-predisposition.19222/ My genotype is TT for this...
  6. nimo

Thanks Gondwanaland. I thought I'd done the Google search, but did it again and found some useful info, including two useful looking presentations by Rich (more general info, than specific to CTH): http://phoenixrising.me/wp-content/uploads/MethylationPPP.ppt...
  7. nimo

Hi Valentijn. Thanks for the reply. Would you mind explaing the above? I thought CBS C699T was the major player in CBS issues (CBS A360A the minor player), and CBS issues having a major effect in draining the methylation cycle. Edit: Am reading the article, will reply to the rest of your post...
  8. nimo

Hi. Having found possible issues in my genomic tests, I'm looking at functional testing : methylation pathway and Nutreval. I am on several supplements that include cofactors, and possibly promoters and/or inhibitors, of enzymes etc. involved in methylation. I am on a regime that seems to...
  9. nimo

Hi, I’d be very interested if anyone has any insight into how the CTH S4031I gene variant affects the transsulfuration pathway, and if it changes the advice on dealing with CBS. CTH appears to code for cystathionase (cystathionine gamma-lyase), which appears to sit below CBS – between...
  10. nimo

23andMe results - help interpreting please!

Hi all. I'm new here. I'm looking into methylation now that Lyme+coinfect treatment hasn't given me the improvements I'd hoped. I had my SNPs tested with 23&Me on a friend's advice, and can see that there are possible issues that give me hope of further improvement with treatment. I'd love some...