• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

"Once again, the PACE authors respond to concerns with empty answers" - JHP by David Tuller

Just in case you don't know this is a response by David Tuller to the PACEtrial nonsense
  2. D

MEGA and PAG website update (March 29th 2017)

That's because professor Hollgate etc are in bed with the PACE trial Pinocchio Psychiatrists
  3. D

Cytokine Inhibition in Patients With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Randomized Trial

One was set up to find out the other to fail makes a big difference; selecting patients who don't have the disease is a trick used by the biopsychosocial model for years and was the basis for creating the Oxford criteria; which means that you are comparing apples and pears
  4. D

Cytokine Inhibition in Patients With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Randomized Trial

Patients who did not have a post infectious onset were included in other words patients who did not have the disease ... As usual setup to fail instead of set up to find out ...
  5. D

The PACE trial missteps on pacing and patient selection

PACE came out in February 2011 so 6 years ago ;-)
  6. D

'Betwixt and between' Liminality in recovery stories from people with Myalgic Encephalitis

If you still need illness behaviour to be able to function then you haven't recovered ...
  7. D

The PACE trial missteps on pacing and patient selection

Thx; I'm bedridden and I've got many serious problems including cognitive dysfunction but I do not suffer from poor memory/concentration ...
  8. D

A critical commentary and preliminary re-analysis of the PACE trial

It's not the first peer reviewed critical article of the PACE trial though ...
  9. D

Fatigue and psychosocial variables in autoimmune rheumatic disease and CFS

Trudie's concept is pretty simple she sees it as a catastrophe if she loses her power hence she comes up with the most utter nonsense to ridicule severely ill patients to prevent that ...
  10. D

Fatigue and psychosocial variables in autoimmune rheumatic disease and CFS

When Trudie talks about "lack of acceptance and avoidance behaviour may be particularly important...in CFS". Does she mean lack of acceptance of her nonsense and avoidance behavior to protect ourselves against CBT (Crap By Trudie) ...
  11. D

If you have another look you will see it was published in a peer-reviewed medical journal ...
  12. D

That's not A valid reason as you can see here https://www.researchgate.net/publication/301202396_The_PACE_Trial_Invalidates_the_Use_of_Cognitive_Behavioral_and_Graded_Exercise_Therapy_in_Myalgic_Encephalomyelitis_Chronic_Fatigue_Syndrome_A_Review
  13. D

I have just read the comments by Ellen Goudsmit about this article on Facebook. The strange thing is she doesn't say anything of substance, there is no real criticism of the paper either even though there are things you can criticize just like in any other paper; Ellen just moans and whinges. To...
  14. D

David Tuller: Trial by Error Cont'd: The New Fitnet trial for kids

Kristian Gunder is in bed with Henrik Vogt who is in bed with Wyller, the Norwegian Wessely ...
  15. D

Petition: Opposing MEGA

It's more than disagreeing Charles I'm bedridden thanks to those idiots and their harmful treatments and I will never get my health back if it's up to them
  16. D

New Mella talk, exciting reveals

Wyller just like Wessely is not willing to give up his kingdom of lies yet. Once a Pinocchio Psychiatrist always a Pinocchio Psychiatrist
  17. D

ME/CFS Grand Challenge (MEGA)

The problem with MEGA is the involvement of action for me, Dr C, the Pinocchio Psychiatrists and that they haven't set the criteria to select patients ...
  18. D

PACE Trial paper: Measurement error, time lag, unmeasured confounding etc.

"The study’s strengths lay in the use of high quality data stemming from a rigorously conducted trial," they are just trying to wriggle their way out of serious professional misconduct psychiatrist would say they show no Insight whatsoever
  19. D

"News" 8 Sep 2016: PACE trial team analyse main outcome measures according to the original protocol

That's how they learn to count in psychiatry school of vested interest 20, 21, 59, 61, 62, 63 etc ;-)
  20. D

"News" 8 Sep 2016: PACE trial team analyse main outcome measures according to the original protocol

Called blocking so you don't see them in the timeline anymore ...
  21. D

The PACE data have been released (9 Sept 2016)

What do you mean by my latest piece?
  22. D

"PACE trial NULL effect NULL effect NULL effect" which is the latest song of the QMUL Project
  23. D

Actually if you read the review of the PACE trial the results showed a NULL effect meaning CBT and GET are useless ...
  24. D

Naviaux et. al.: Metabolic features of chronic fatigue syndrome

I wouldn't label 60 as severe; people who are severe like myself wished we functioned at the level
  25. D

Friedberg et al: Efficacy of two delivery modes of behavioral self-management in severe CFS

Patients with severe ME who can walk 336 meters in 6 mins; even the PACE trial wouldn't write that sort of nonsense
  26. D

On CFS and biopsychosocial model in BJGP by K. J. Gerathy and A. Esmail

No it would be more effective to use the PACE trial and it's null effect and not reinforce the nonsense about CBT and continue to waste money on ineffective treatment
  27. D

I'm sorry to say but CBT for this disease is ineffective, totally useless and a total waste of time and money. So I do not understand why you think it's important to repeat that message; the PACE trial has clearly shown that CBT and GET are ineffective so people should stop promoting those...
  28. D

Yes Simply getting us proper treatment; CBT and GET are ineffective and useless; GET is very harmful and breaches the Do no harm principle of Medicine
  29. D

Fight fire with fire - why not slam PACE academically?

barbc56 the following quoted by Esther12 speaks for itself: "The discovery that an increase in exercise tolerance did not lead to an increase in fitness [43], as observed in healthy people, shows that there is an underlying physical problem preventing this, which means that none of the 4...