• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Colloidal silver

Has anyone used colloidal silver as an anti viral? This is all new to me so I'm trying all sorts and someone mentioned colloidal silver so I've started to use it but wondered if anyone had any experience of it? Phase it helped??
  2. S

Something different: Apparent real recoveries from Toby Morrison's CFS Health Centre in Australia

Didn't I just say all this in previous posts - umbrella term. Doesn't work for some but does for others etc etc. sorry not meant to be rude just don't want to go round that loop again. I attend the Leeds clinic now and find their advice so far is helping me thankfully. I also do voluntary work...
  3. S

Something different: Apparent real recoveries from Toby Morrison's CFS Health Centre in Australia

People keep mentioning about "Classic ME" or "real ME". Isn't this website called "Phoenix Rising - supporting people with Chronic Fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS)? Toby helps people with Chronic Fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) and for some restorative exercise helps. He says only do it if you don't feel...
  4. S

Thanks for this. I have seen this before. However the NHS don't offer these types of testing and I presume you have to have these privately. I am not sure where. I've never heard of anyone having them done. I know of one guy from my clinic who had a brain scan done privately at a cost of £250...
  5. S

If it's testable why isn't it tested for then? I've never been offered any kind of test for it. How do you get tested for it? The NHS lump it as ME/CFS and this is what I am referring to as being an umbrella diagnosis.
  6. S

Toby promotes this way of recovery too and if you start off not having a clue about pacing and rest and restorative exercise (if it's right for you I hasten to add) along with mindset, acceptance and a focused realistic approach then he is a good guide. He is very supportive and positive. But I...
  7. S

The trouble with this illness is its not one size fits all. Some things work for some and not for others. I believe this is due to the fact that ME is such an umbrella term and depending on what caused your illness in the first place probably determins what works and doesn't. That's just my...
  8. S

So a classic example of something working for one person but not for another
  9. S

Whats OLE? There are stories of recovery all over the place from people doing both Gupta and LP. There have been a number recently in the press who have done LP and I know a number of people who have done it and recovered and I personally know 2 who used Gupta. What other proof do you want...
  10. S

Predictive text eh! It's a bugger! The techniques they employ are to calm the symptoms thereby working backwards to calm the hypothalamus in a nutshell. The gupta technique works in a similar way but from the top down so to speak. But I suppose you won't like that either? Or the Lightning...
  11. S

Yes I am aware of how the clinic was formed but other than that it has no connection with the NHS one. The therapists have never implied it is a psychological or mental health issue. Their explanation is based on the hypothalamus being out of sync and affecting the hpi axis.
  12. S

I have had nothing but positive experience with the Leeds clinic. Have you attended there ? I doubt you have. I have also come across numerous people who either have no clinic in their area so no chance of help or have had nothing but negative experience. I feel I am lucky to have the service...
  13. S

I research constantly and am currently following the research being done my Dr Ian Lipkin as well as a number of other ongoing projects. I follow a couple of forums dedicated to Dr Sarah Myhill. I don't see people getting better any faster however! In the meantime, as no one else appears to have...
  14. S

Toby does not profess this to be a cure but a therapy to help recovery. He charges around £250 which I think is about $400 aus
  15. S

I'm sorry you don't seem to have had much help from your ME/CFS clinic but it doesn't mean they are all the same. Mine are a great team of open minded forward thinking therapists. It's a shame they are constrained by the NHS but they are very open to discussing alternative therapies and take a...
  16. S

From the comments on here it looks as though non of you are actually doing Toby's program? I signed up to the online program a few months ago I'm in the UK and it cos about £250 which gives you access for life to all the material. The program is a good, honest structured way to focus on your...