• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. chronicallyD

Vision issues: floaters, noisy vision, after-images

I have had these visual problems for 5 years. They have improved a little with Lyrica for me There was a study done that shows there is hypermetabolism in the part of the brain that processes vision in VS patients- this could provide an explanation for the symptoms- they do not originate in the...
  2. chronicallyD

Brain Damage?

I used to think I had some kind of brain damage too. I have had visual snow (the static you're referring to) accompanied by tons of floaters, halos and sparkling white skies (Scheerer's phenomenon) since my illness started. I think stress was a major contributor
  3. chronicallyD

Why would Lunesta work for fibromyalgia?

nonbenzodiazepines like Lunesta can also have muscle relaxing effects as well as activation of inhibitory pathways involved in excitatory brain activity (e.g. wakefulness, alertness, pain signalling etc). Unfortunately this class of drugs is not effective in the long term and may eventually...