• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. 0kaygrl

Kratom?

I must update to say that there are major side effects for me with this plant. Next day depression and severely increased fatigue occur. This happens to other people that I live with that also tried it. It's not always and it's more likely if I use it a few days in a row. I'm the only one who's...
  2. 0kaygrl

Ascites

Maybe you don't have ascites, I once thought I did but I went to dr and all liver tests came back normal, doc said I'm fine etc. However, I believe I do have some liver problem bc I continue to get the swelling in the right upper quadrant of my torso, but they can't find anything even with...
  3. 0kaygrl

Reactions to ALA?

Or maybe the ALA just caused low blood sugar, which it can do
  4. 0kaygrl

Paleolithic diet - helpful or harmful for people with CFS?

The paleo diet is very good for healing the gut and decreasing inflammation. I had a drastic reduction in pain using this diet. A couple of things: make sure you eat a lot of safe starches, like sweet potatoes, plantains, bananas, even white potatoes and white rice are ok in some paleo...
  5. 0kaygrl

Kratom?

Kratom is really working for me too. 3-4 grams seems to be a good dose for me. Usually after dropping my son off at school I come home and go straight back to sleep (even though I've slept all night and have so much that needs to get done) but now if I take 4 grams before dropping him off when I...
  6. 0kaygrl

Insomnia is driving me nuts...

For me 25mg Seroquel is the only thing that I can depend on letting me sleep a good 8+ hours. It feels horrible when it kicks in, I get akathisia/ RLS just feel "ew" but if I take something like ambien, xanax or even trazadone it puts me to sleep and the Seroquel keeps me asleep
  7. 0kaygrl

Any diet that has helped you? Recipes?

Has any diet change been a big help to you with this condition? What foods do you eat that make you feel better? Any recipes you can share? Thanks
  8. 0kaygrl

severe anxiety... reallyreallyreally need some help :(

alice111: what dose GABA do you use? If you get a tolerance many of the other suggested supplements also increase GABA like taurine
  9. 0kaygrl

Re: low histamine diet, chicken is fine, as long as it doesn't sit in the fridge long. I get mine frozen and I don't eat leftovers (unless I freeze them). I mostly avoid very high histamine foods like cheese, bacon, tomatoes, avocados, and spinach. As for moderate histamine foods I eat them...
  10. 0kaygrl

I must say, use caution with the benzos, they may be beneficial for short term use but after a while they tend to exacerbate the problem causing more, and worse anxiety
  11. 0kaygrl

Wow lots of awesome info here. Where can one get these Russian drugs? Just wanted to add my two cents: have you tried a low histamine diet? When my histamines are high I get anxiety. Along these lines something like benadryl or hydroxyzine might take the edge off. Holy basil can be of help here...
  12. 0kaygrl

Coleus Forskolii to reduce IgE, histamine, bp, and PAF???

This is interesting, glad it got bumped. Been wanting to raise cAMP myself but forgot about it. I find spirulina helps me a lot too, take it daily. Have you heard of CILTEP? It's a stack created by members of longecity.org that has forskolin and artichoke extract and it's been lauded to increase...