• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Help with understanding Homozygous COMT and MAO please

Thanks @ahmo, I'm currently on 400mg of M-folate and I haven't noticed much. After reading through your notes it states going up to 800mg over the course of the day so I might give that a go. What were the therapeutic doses for you?
  2. D

Help with understanding Homozygous COMT and MAO please

I have COMT V158M and MAO-A R297R Homozygous +/+ Along with C677T and A1298C - Hetrozygous - +/- From what I understand is I don't breakdown neurotransmitters very well - "COMT and MAO are slow functioning". I started supplementing with (Methyl Folate, 400 mcg) and both methyl B12 and Active...
  3. D

Over-methylation?

Thanks for clearing that up @caledonia - my Methyl b12 and Methyl Folate have arrived, I plan on crushing the b12 tab up and starting very slowly to feel what happens. I'll try and keep everyone updated with how I get on.
  4. D

Over-methylation?

Thanks @ahmo and @Gingergrrl - being in Australia and not the states, I just want to cross check that the active ingredients are the same, I don't want to be over methylated then not have the correct form of niacin at hand.
  5. D

Over-methylation?

Unfortunately my title had my question and when it was merged here it didn't make a sense anymore. I was wondering if the active ingredient in the tablet was nicotinamide. If I take nicotinamide will that help with over methylation or do I need another form of B3/Niacin. "I'm about to try...
  6. D

Over-methylation?

I'm about to try some methyl supplements for MTHFR compound hetro and I want to make sure I have the suggested Niacin at hand if I experience an over methylation response. Thanks!
  7. D

Anyone else C677T/A1298C hetro &/or V158M/H62H/MAO A R297R homo?

I'd love to hear if you've tried any supplements or lifestyle changes and how they have helped/not helped you? I'm about to try out some low doses of methyl B12 and Folate to see how I react.