• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Potential risks of thiol supps: IV glutathione, alpha lipoic acid (ALA), N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) etc

Sorry to break the chain of conversation but before I forget I also found the following summary very useful as it explains some of the complex topics in plain english! http://stasosphere.com/experience-life/2014/04/toxic-mercury-chelation-removal/#Removing_the_Toxic_Sources_First
  2. G

Potential risks of thiol supps: IV glutathione, alpha lipoic acid (ALA), N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) etc

@SDSue and @Sidereal - When I took Lipsomal Glutathione I suffered severe constant fatigue and brain fog which was significantly worsened by a single dose of ALA (yes it really can be that dangerous) until I came across Cutlers work. As others have mentioned it is well worth doing your homework...
  3. G

@SDSue - like you I took both Glutathione and ALA once and was wiped out. The only way back is following the Cutler Protocol - many have succeeded (only use ALA in regular, low doses according to Cutlers protocl). Following the guidelines and taking methylation supps have taken me from...
  4. G

Glutathione: Pro / Con arguments confuse me!

My 2c - After being completely wiped out by taking glutathione (I am still recovering nearly a year later) I have found some guidance from Andy Cutlers amalgam illness book which is critically important when considering glutathione or NAC. Cutler says that usually you are one or the other of...
  5. G

Advice for mercury chelation protocol?

There are a lot of dangerous chelation practices out on the internet which can do a lot of harm to those of us who are already suffering (a lot of people have made themselves a lot sicker through the wrong approaches). Chelating safely is a complicated business and needs to consider the...
  6. G

HELP!: How to get out of Methyl Trap caused by Glutathione supplements?

@knackers323 Oral L-Glutathione liquid (1tsp) x 3 days
  7. G

Thanks everyone for your comments and ideas - I am taking b complex etc, all essential co-factors and the deadlock quartet but am not sure about the levels of MB-12, AD-B12 and Folate needed to get out of the trap (I have tried a week of high doses -> 6mg mfolate, 10mg MB-12 and 20mg ADB12 +1g...
  8. G

I was on a similar methylation protocol to active b12 for several months and had made quite a bit of progress - better energy and some symptoms improving. Under recommendations from my practitioner I tried some L-Glutathione (3 x times) from which I ended up worse than when I started the...