• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Demonology self help: Adam Blai

I'm sorry, I don't have the patience to discuss this any more.
  2. J

What are you wearing? Is it a "pure" fabric or one of mixed fibers? If the later then you are going against the clear teaching of scripture. See how ridiculous that is?
  3. J

You should be bothered. I told you that your words were hurtful and you have brushed it off, others have told you that your words were hurtful and you brushed it off. That is hurtful. I have disrespected the religion, not the people. Ridiculous things deserve ridicule. My knowledge of the topic...
  4. J

What an incredible waste of resources. It shouldn't be about what you care about. When the person on the receiving end says your actions are causing harm, you should care.
  5. J

You are delusional. The fact that it has to go on for years is proof that it doesn't work. If anything spontaneous remission may happen to coincide with one of the rituals, but that is far from proof of anything. You are arguing against yourself without the awareness to realize it. Kinda funny...
  6. J

The fun rants get old fast don't they? I find that the first few posts are fun, then the ignorance starts to burn... ;)
  7. J

It was the Southern Baptist Church and Assembly of God, both very main stream and populous Christian churches. They were preaching straight from their doctrine. Please don't. That is almost quoting verbatim what I have been told all my life. Olive leaf extract seems to be healing me. A fellow...
  8. J

Thank you for acknowledging my experience. It is ok to say "I don't know". We don't have an explanation for a lot of things. Putting a crazy explanation in place of I don't know is very harmful though, and why I speak up about this abuse, to children or adults. The difference between religion...
  9. J

Pernicious Anemia and Hydroxy B12-Help Please

Yes, Iron will help with the B12 anemia, they need to be balanced. Be careful with the iron, it is toxic if you have too much. I can't answer your other questions. Hope it all balances out soon.
  10. J

If you think any problem is being caused by a demon you are delusional/ have mental illness. Zeus doesn't throw lightening bolts, witches don't fly, and demons don't/ didn't cause the plague or any other illness. Saying that any of that is true is delusional. I was one of those people for the...
  11. J

Feeling weird.

Sorry, but I'm a firm believer in better safe than sorry when new symptoms pop up. Hope all is well.
  12. J

Just asking for a little help to get started

I'd love to, but I'm full time in graduate school, writing my thesis in a second program, and started a 30 hr week job last month (all from home). My brain would seriously revolt if I tried to get it to read that stuff! lol
  13. J

Dry hands, skin cracking on fingers

I use Dr. Bronner's soap, also very gentle. For deodorant I make my own too, very similar to your recipe, but I add arrowroot powder. It works a lot better than anything over the counter I've tried, and smells so much better!
  14. J

Feeling weird.

All of those symptoms are classic heart attack, the left arm thing is a myth, it can be either arm. All of those symptoms could also be something else, but I wouldn't take the risk and would get checked out. Once you rule out a heart attack other things can be explored. I had some classic...
  15. J

Feeling weird.

Some of those symptoms sound like heart attack. If I were you I would get checked asap. It may be nothing, but I wouldn't take that chance.
  16. J

Just asking for a little help to get started

I've had the same trouble trying to figure it all out. The brain fog is gone for me, but it is still too much info too scattered, and too much minutia. I'm a systems/macro thinker, when people start talking at the chemical level my brain shuts down. I finally gave up and started taking a...
  17. J

You're welcome. It is easy, fast, and makes the house smell good. :) The initial investment is steep (I had to save up for a while to get everything), but I can't use any other lotions so it was worth it in the long run. I think what I have will last at least a year.
  18. J

Black seed oil has done wonders for my skin. I take one capsule a day, and use it topically if my skin starts to peel. Kokum oil is also really good. I can't have any artificial fragrances near me, so I make my own lotion bars. It is super easy and only takes a few minutes. My husband and son...
  19. J

How Government Killed the Medical Profession

True, but some are much better than others. I think ME care is lagging everywhere, no matter the system, which is frustrating.
  20. J

I hope you are wrong. I still dream of a system like Denmark for healthcare, education, and law enforcement. One can dream, or move to Denmark...
  21. J

"PS: I can't understand why people who clearly have no interest in this topic seem compelled to post." Because it is harmful! I have no interest in aliens, so don't post in that thread. No one is saying "you are sick because aliens!" Saying people are sick because they are possessed by demons is...
  22. J

You're welcome. Neither text is perfect, but they are definitely food for thought. :)
  23. J

We could play this game all day...
  24. J

Yeah, against their belief system, like pedophilia and murder? Seriously, are you going to try and give the moral argument for the group that is responsible for the Crusades? What a joke.
  25. J

May I suggest the book "Gangs of America"? It does a good job of outlining how corporations caused all of the above. http://www.amazon.com/Gangs-America-Corporate-Disabling-Democracy/dp/1576752607/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1417470424&sr=1-1&keywords=Gangs of America Of course, it has...
  26. J

New study from USC that fasting can regenerate damaged immune system!

This is like food in general. Different things are good for different people at different times. If I tried to fast right now I think it would kill me. As soon as the bulk of my energy isn't going to rebuilding my systems I will transition into a mostly raw diet for a short time, then a juice...
  27. J

garlic and ibs, sibo?

I sometimes take a baby aspirin every day to keep my blood thin. It is one of those things I have to choose, thick blood or a rash caused by the aspirin....
  28. J

Headache, pain, and freezing hands only on right side of body

I'm right there with you! By exercise I mean 4 less than body weight exercises to keep my joints from being so lax that they pop out of place when I move. Some days I can put away dishes, or get the laundry off the line, but 99% of my energy is taken up by thinking and healing. ;) It is...
  29. J

garlic and ibs, sibo?

It is all very confusing. After two decades of experimenting with nutrition I've come to the conclusion that every body is different and responds differently to food. There is no one "right" way to eat (beyond Michael Pollan's food rules). Garlic may cause great pain for one person with IBS and...
  30. J

Headache, pain, and freezing hands only on right side of body

Isn't it frustrating!? It is hard to stay below the activity limit sometimes. Especially hard for me when I feel good, but overdoing just a bit will make me tired for days. I'm convinced all my energy is going to healing and building muscle now that I started exercising again. Even a tiny bit...