• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Hydrogen peroxide troubles

As a rocket engineer, I have to warn you that the popular rocketry oxidiser hydrogen peroxide, even diluted, will react with many chemicals in your body in a very adverse way. We're warned to seek medical advice if ingested so I'd avoid it. I'm sure it's causing your gut/gas problems but these...
  2. R

Reaction for M.E. a Space mission

I'm sorry to hear of your plight. Some years ago I was hospitalised for 5 months (totally bed-bound) so I know how awful severe M.E. is. I suppose it's hard for me to quantify exactly how to define severe M.E. on my website, however from your and other's comments I've ammended my website today...
  3. R

Hmm, the problem is that Reaction for M.E. is a play on words with Action for M.E. through Newton's law of action and reaction, also known as the rocket principle. I'm not associating myself with them in any other way though. I do understand your concern about the media, however this shouldn't...
  4. R

No, it'll take a year or two; we need to do some basic research first and build and test the rocket engine. It all depends on the level of funding we can get, which in turn depends upon people knowing about the project. How does one submit an article for the Phoenix Rising frontpage? Rick the...
  5. R

It's true, 5 gee and the noise and vibration could hurt people with more severe M.E. than me, however the mission is tailored to my own M.E situation as it is at the moment. There are many M.E. sufferers who could make the trip, but I'm not asking them to, I intend to fly myself. I have been...
  6. R

Hi folks, Thanks for your deliberations! No, it's not a spoof, it's an achievable goal if I can raise help and funding. As to whether an able-bodied person has performed this mission, the answer is: not yet, but all indications point to this sort of mission becoming a popular sport within a...
  7. R

I'm a rocket scientist/engineer with severe M.E. I've come up with a potential space mission to allow someone with severe M.E. to enter space for a few minutes and glide back safely to Earth. This can be done safely, and surprisingly cheaply, all thanks to new advances in technology that weren't...