• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. npeden

Need some advice with neuromuscular problems

Trp if you mean tryptophan is NOT an 5 htp precursor. I was wrong. Check me. 5 htp is I believe precursor for serotonin which is my lowest. It is also connected to melatonin. I can't take pharmaceuticals. Seeking Health has a new extended release 5 htp. I'm trying that. Not perfect but helps a...
  2. npeden

Need some advice with neuromuscular problems

I have at 73 developed what may be fibro. As I am MTHFR c667t I take very few pharmaceuticals. This has helped greatly: Source Naturals Magnesium Malate, recommended by a geneticist AND I added as I believe I am low in sulfur, MSM. I was taking the combo several times a day. I have a friend in...
  3. npeden

PQQ

Me too. Though I don't feel speedy, I feel alert. I love PQQ and am experimenting with increasing it a bit. I really notice a mental uplift. It is supposed to help mitochondria, and some think I have mito disorder. That is a VERY good point about not taking it too late—many thanks. I have been...
  4. npeden

COMT++

Hi, after a long while. I won't go into more than the COMT++ V158/H62H. And I hope this helps someone. I have struggled with these SNPs a long while and have worked in epigenetics mentoring 46k online. I finally had 3 breakthroughs. 1. My oncologist who is also MTHFR but knows up until now...
  5. npeden

COMT++

6. npeden

SOD2 A16V homozygous mutation - anyone else?

The company seems out of business. I take pqq and l love it. Self decode has good info. https://selfhacked.com/blog/the-brain-fog-gene-rs4880-or-sod2/
  7. npeden

15 yo Daughter is COMT V158M+/+ and COMT H62H+/+ suffering from severe OCD and anxiety

One of the best articles I have found. And this clinic does distance treatment with clear info on becoming a patient on their site. When I can afford I would like to work with them. http://redmountainclinic.com/a-genetic-cause-of-pain-and-anxiety-comt-mao-and-mthfr/
  8. npeden

Glutathione and sleep

9. npeden

Where to purchase GcMAF

This is who I would contact. Candice Bradstreet is the sister of Dr. Bradstreet who was murdered. She gives excellent support and service and has been carrying it a long time. BTW it is NOT injectable. A very knowledgeable geneticist just tried to get it for this purpose for her own health and...
  10. npeden

Is taking BH4 a problem for COMT++ ?

don't know about the oil, but flaxseed, esp. ground, is high in phytoestrogens, something some of us need to avoid. i use unground chia; i think it is a little less.
  11. npeden

Is taking BH4 a problem for COMT++ ?

I believe we are ALL BH4 deficient as the glycine in our bodies is replaced by a form of glycine built into glyphosate (roundup). I highly recommend friending Sterling Hill and MTHFRsupport on FB. She and a team of scientist are as I write are in Washington speaking against Monsanto. This is...
  12. npeden

GcMAF trial

I am not sure where to post this. Sterling Hill, of Sterling's app, has published a ton of GcMAF. Hope someone finds it useful . http://gcmafblogspot.weebly.com/blog/published-medical-journals
  13. npeden

Where to purchase GcMAF

I recommend www.reactivedwellness.com Candice Bradstreet, I think is her name. She and others have very active fb groups. Good idea to test for nagales. Mthfrsupport also sells it. And Sterling Hill has just set up a site w a ton of research on it. Will see if I can find it...and return. All the...
  14. npeden

I do really well w 7 drops of manganese. Discovered this myself, confirmed by nd.
  15. npeden

Exercise as Detox

Typo. FREDD et al. What about bacopa for klono damage?
  16. npeden

Exercise as Detox

FREDD and all. I believe state of Massachusetts has just past a law demanding informed consent for benzodiazepines. I got of gabapentin easily but am still on 3 mg. of klono. I am mthfr c600t and do not sleep. FREDD must get of klono asap. Not we to work, apt very poor. Many here say you know...
  17. npeden

Attention Freddd: MTHFS deficiency

My strength totally returned when i got off folinic and hydroxy; felt totally fragile before.. and i have sod2 snp which means i cannot tolerate folate. but 14 drops, 3 mgs., of manganese, yasko, and i can eat it fine. the rest of this is over my head but i would simply suggest looking to see if...
  18. npeden

Genetic variants (SNPs) Interpretation Guide

Well, duh. Thanks, Valenotnj.
  19. npeden

roxie, further down here, a poster named hip, names the three forms of sod2. i have it to so shall be reviewing all this.
  20. npeden

valentj, is there a way to get notices of updates?
  21. npeden

bertiedog, i too am folate and sulfur sensitive again. i do not think it is leaky gut but it might be. i am homo for sod2 and that, according to that nasty nutrahacker, is responsible for folate metabolism. on lynch's site someone says sulfur but on my report the snp no. goes to a folate snp...
  22. npeden

Lithium orotate, methylation and thyroid

so appreciate your reply! i am so f ing constipated since i added lithium orotate. but i feel fantastic as it potentiates my methyl b12! and my reading says th is is very important for comt esp. i too am working on reducing glutamate. i feel the lithium helps but do worry about the iodine crap...
  23. npeden

please share. i, too, cannot sleep on my own.:mad::(
  24. npeden

My problem is I do not know if I am over methylating. I have MTHFR c677t and my genetic nutritionist took me off of folinic acid and now I see Lynch also suggests this in the beginning. I have just gone through enormous stress which is not good for my diseases. I am exhausted, sleep only about...
  25. npeden

And has a great many side effects such as diabetes and weight gain.
  26. npeden

Watch out for any thing with arginine in it. Read up on it. It is not rec. It unbalances lysine. So if you have herpes as I do it will reappear. Mine did till I read up on it and then noticed my geneticist having me on an arginine free diet. So do your research; yes it is stimulating. It is used...
  27. npeden

Yasko I believe may be the original source of this idea of using lithium orotate. I just started it to reduce glutamate which is in all my neuros. And my thyroid had just gotten to loveliness...do not if it is doing anything. I did not get an energy lift from it. I did fro two dropperfuls of...
  28. npeden

Just went online to buy some iodine then began reading up again on the Himalayan Pink Salt I use in my H2). It is full of iodine and may be why my thyroid is good. We will see what adding lithium will do. So must test. BTW: The Pink Salt I use comes from the San Francisco Salt company and they...
  29. npeden

All I know is that I have very high glutamate in my neurotransmitters and I found this article, by a Yasko fan, that I think does a good job of explaining why one might one to take lithium orotate: to reduce glutamate. I tried it a while back and it really potentiated my b12, so also helps my...
  30. npeden

Heavy metal detoxing

sam, i basically agree especially about amalgam based illness due largely to fillings. well i finally got all my nasty amalgms are out. i chelated with the guidance of a nutritionist and it was a very simple chelation w chlorella, charcoal and vit. c. i expect most of you may diss this but...