• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Taurine confusion!

Thanks! I am not sure about what is classed as neurological but my head buzzes all the time and sleep is a major problem at the moment. I was supplementing with tryptophan and GABA to try and get more sleep but am afraid of the tryptophan now incase it is too active in my body. I may get 2 to 4...
  2. N

Taurine confusion!

That's a useful guide thanks - is there another for other parts of the test? Can't see blood taurine. On that test info it seems to put taurine and tryptophan highs as neurological - so if I have high in both (which I have - very high) then do I supplement with them or avoid them! that is what I...
  3. N

Taurine confusion!

It was urine Taurine. Amy Yasko says that you need to decrease sulphur foods etc if you have high Taurine but she does not talk about wasting and so now I am really confused! It is showing over 3x's higher than the highest it should be according to the results! I do have CBS problems. My B6 is a...
  4. N

Sulphate or sulphite testing strips?!

So badbadbear have you used them? do they work?! is it worth testing sulphur like this?
  5. N

Taurine confusion!

I have just had a nutreval test done and it shows very very high Taurine. I am confused as to if this is means it is high in my body or if it means that it is being wasted through the urine?! I notice the results can be high if you eat liver and fish etc which I do regularly but that wasting...
  6. N

So not worth me trying then? How do you find out if your sulphur is too high then? Have done a nutreval test and that shows very high taurine which I believe is connected to sulphur?
  7. N

Can someone tell me which I should be getting to test sulphur or sulphite levels in the urine? are they both the same thing? Have others found this a useful test? Thanks
  8. N

Genetic variants (SNPs) Interpretation Guide

Hi - thank you so much for creating this document for us newbies! I understand a little more now and am starting at the beginning. you said to fix CBS you followed... http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI.Nutrigenomics.htm but the link isn't right so I am not sure what you did!? And I think I read that...
  9. N

Had a really horrible year - do SNP's show why?

PS does that mean I should be taking glutathione, B12 and folate? or does it mean I won't convert them properly? I did take some glutathione at one point but didn't think it made any difference. Is there something I can try that will make me feel a little better?!
  10. N

Hi - thank you so much for replying. I have had a stool test which showed that I did not have much good bacteria in my intestines and no bifidus was able to be cultured - so I have been supplementing highly with probiotics and am now trying prebiotics to help also. I have also been tested for...
  11. N

Hi there @caledonia, @Valentijn, @Sea, @Critterina and any others who can help with SNP readings! I am new here and desperately trying to understand why I am so sick - intolerant to almost all foods and supplements, unable to sleep, constipated, head buzzing, joints hurting etc. I had two bad...