• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

New to all this. Loss of body sensitivity?

Man I feel for ya. Well at least the med helps you, that's good. My numbness is weird. I'm not on any kind of medication and I have it. Its like my my perineum and ass are numb too along with the genitals. The numbness covers my whole pubic area too. Is that how yours feels?
  2. J

True that does sound like a fair trade. I would do the same. Does your numbness go away after you stop the Gabapentin or does it stick around?
  3. J

Hmm no I have never taken Gabapentin before. Have you experienced numb genitals before?
  4. J

Thanks for replying Freddd, I hope I'm not annoying you with my ignorance, but what is the Deadlock Quartet? Also what other supplements would you recommend me trying other than the methyl b12 and methyl folate?
  5. J

Hi Freddd, I noticed you mentioned neurotransmitters being messed up. I believe SAM-e is known to increase neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine. Is it possible the SAM-e created some kind of imbalance? I've been getting pretty scared by looking on the internet and I've found a...
  6. J

I don't really know what my levels were exactly. My doctor just told me they were fine. I guess I could try supplementing b12. Its worth a shot I suppose. I purchased some methyl b12 yesterday. Is methyl folate just as important as the b12?
  7. J

Thanks for the reply Freddd, I found a long list of symptoms from another thread. I will mark which symptoms I suffer from from this list. mouth sensitive to hot and cold sore burning tongue beef-red tongue, possibly smoother than normal sore mouth, no infection or apparant reason teeth...
  8. J

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm here because I've been looking for a cause of my symptoms. I've seen a few doctors and they are little lost as well. Anyway, for about the past 11 months I've been experiencing a sort of loss of skin sensitivity over my body. Not a tingling...