• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Avalon

.:: Sustained-release Methylation Protocol (SRMP) ::.

That's great, you have to be careful with zinc as I read that too much of it is antagonistic to copper. You pointed me to ACU-CELL web site which is very interesting. Have you had their acu cell analysis panel?
  2. Avalon

Methylation, Vitamin D intolerance-- biochemical interactions?

@Santino Vitamin D3 can be sedating for some individuals, but it does help with sleep. The dose you are on is huge and way too much, my suggestion would be cut the dose down to 6000IU a day, perhaps even to start at 2000iu building up to max of 6000iu over 4 weeks then hold, take early morning...
  3. Avalon

Poll for Vitamin D supplement tolerance and calcitriol levels

Hi guys, I'm currently taking Vitamin D3 3000iu + K2 100mcg, its definitely helping with my insomnia although I have aching/buzzy legs on waking in the morning. My main concern is that after my morning dose of Vit D3, I can feel somewhat drugged /sedated for the day and making work difficult...
  4. Avalon

@Gondwanaland, thanks very much for your reply, I have to be very careful that I don't start down regulate serotonin, hate feeling depressed!. I find all supplementation, protocols and the like, you just end up just chasing your tail and never seem to get any where but I shall try very small...
  5. Avalon

Cheers man!!, will secure some B2 and take at low dosage.
  6. Avalon

@Sherpa, cheers thanks for the head up, just read about B2, my only issues is that I suffer bouts of depression, so I'm not sure if extra B2 may cause a dive in serotonin!
  7. Avalon

Relationship btw B2 & B12 - Folate/Riboflavin

@Tiger Lily 813 how is it going with B2, are you still tired after taking it, what's the brand and dosage are u taking.
  8. Avalon

@Sherpa, good post, where did you get the info for B2 : I'm having major problems with methyfolate, folinic acid, even at very small doses. The most common reason for people to respond poorly to methylfolate is vitamin B2 deficiency Also I have identical symptoms to you cited below, did you...
  9. Avalon

Biotic Research Bio B complex, struggling...

Can't believe I'm so sensitive to Folinic acid at this dosage, I had similar problems on Riches' protocol with both methyfolate and folinic acid. SOD and catalase not exactly sure what they do, are they involved in methylation? I will have have a look at Source Naturals's B complex, but...
  10. Avalon

Yes, I will now be taking 1/2 tablet a day, perhaps every other day!. Amazed how the supplement ramps up my metabolic rate, I must have plenty of B12 stored in my liver from previous supplementation. Thanks Helen :)
  11. Avalon

Hi Helen, Sorry! I should have included a link to the B supplement, its has a different profile to the one you've just commented on; supplement facts:http://bioticsresearch.com/sites/default/files/productlabels/1133-web_0.pdf
  12. Avalon

Hi, anybody taking this B complex, gone back to basics by taking this supplement only and vitamin D3, magnesium, after a few attempts of Riches protocol. Noticed that when taking 1 in the morning, became very hungry, feeling low in energy, funny tongue sensation. It has a high folate count of...
  13. Avalon

Vitamin D / Sleep Poll

Yes, agreed I always go slow and low but I take it that you have no sleepy symptoms during the day. What time do you take your vit D? I have read Dr. Gominak's web site several months ago hence the trialing of vitamin D. I definitely notice a difference, my sleep is better with more kind of...
  14. Avalon

Vitamin D / Sleep Poll

15. Avalon

Feeling Cold With Methylcobalamin

Very interesting that you have nasal / sinus issues, I also have a cold that has lasted 5 weeks, Methyl B12 makes my nasal congestion worse, particularly at night. I note that if I stop B12 my nasal congestion goes away after a few days.
  16. Avalon

Body jerks during the night

@NilaJones What dosage do you take?, do you just take it at night before bed? I take it that you know it works because you feel refreshed in the morning or you are just not waking up during the night?
  17. Avalon

Body jerks during the night

@seaflower What dosage does your husband take of zinc per day to counteract RLS? Does he take every day or does he stop for few days before resuming again. I know that too higher dose can make hypoglycemia worse for individuals who are prone to it.
  18. Avalon

Nearly 2 months into Freddd's Protocol - Ammonia & Other Problems

Its interesting, I'm low in vitamin D @20ng/ml yet I find it difficult to supplement more than 200iu per day as any more it starts to affect my sleep and I seem to have aching legs on rising in the morning after a nights sleep (not 100% sure its vit d3). I wonder if my 1,25-D levels are high...
  19. Avalon

can taking too much hydroxycobalamin prevent me from sleeping?

@Little Bluestem I thought initially that B12 enhanced melatonin activity (Reference Freddd), as I would feel very sleepy in evenings in the first couple of weeks of supplementation. Now I am feeling that it affecting my sleep in a negative way.
  20. Avalon

Insomnia worse on Vitamin D3 - Help

Very interesting reference, this may help on the symptoms front as well, thank you!
  21. Avalon

Ok, Thank you Gondwanaland.
  22. Avalon

@L'engle, sorry for the late reply, have you been tested for vitamin D deficiency ?
  23. Avalon

@sregan, thanks for you reply, sorry for the late reply, had really bad brain fog again!. I now realise how much gut bacteria can affect your brain cognition!, you are lucky to be able to handle vitamin D, I seem to be ok at a certain low dosage, if go above 500 IU. A full 1000iu tablet my...
  24. Avalon

@Gondwanaland, sorry for the late reply, had major brain fog again!!, my protocol is low and slow Riches. 1. 1000 mcg Hydroxy B12 morning 2. Zinc 4mg Morning 3. B6 5mg Lunch time 4. Calcium 120 mg at night 5. Thorne IV multivitamin once every 5 days I have attached my Nutreval results, I'm...
  25. Avalon

@Gondwanaland I have problems with magnesium as well, I take intermittently by way of a spray. My Nutreval test said I was not deficient in magnesium., I am glad you take diary, I currently using almond milk, which is fortified with calcium. Its really frustrating with Vitamin D, its seems to be...
  26. Avalon

Thanks, I've read it, it seems you need to check calcium, 25OH, 1,25 OH levels and perhaps parathyroid hormone. Also take co factors mag,k2,zinc. Other than that it's trial error in taking supplements, I am trying to find if anyone else has had the same symptoms and has then gone on to figure...
  27. Avalon

D3 is definitely playing with neurotransmitters at night, I do believe toxins can affect the mind, I felt them when I took very high strength probiotcs. On Vit d3 I do not feel toxins during the day. It seems that anything above 400iu I have a problem! BTW what is a 'binder' ?
  28. Avalon

I posted a few weeks ago on my Nutreval results and it said I was deficient in Vitamin D and I read that it can improve insomnia by raising the converted form 25-OH vitamin d to between 60 to 70 ng/ml. I have insomnia. So I decided to take a 1/4 a tablet a day of Solgar 1000iu. Initially I felt...
  29. Avalon

methyl donors and changes in body temperature

I know my metabolic rate increases after B12 supplementation, as I feel cold, it's strange I know, when I take my temp its above 98C or above, however when I feel hot bazaarly its below, invariably 97.1 C. My temps have always been below 97.5c prior to B12 supps.
  30. Avalon

methyl donors and changes in body temperature

It's a rise in metabolic rate, methylation facilitates this indirectly via the Kebs cycle.