• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

May I puke? Look at this...

Interesting info @Valentijn indeed I notice from day to day more how important it is not only to see internet content but always where it comes from and which are the interests. I got on that site as it was one of the first hits in my Google search on sth, don´t recall exactly what. I had kind...
  2. M

I wrote a comment already, and I´d appreciate if many guys around here make them notice how much crap that statistic is! That´s the perpetuating of We**ely ideology, and every time it is repeated in the net, an algorithm thinks it is more valid. I HATE this simplicistic view!!! Here you can aslo...
  3. M

http://wellpilot.com/conditions/chronic-fatigue-syndrome/treatments/physical-exercise Once again, we see how quantity and algorithms consolidate stuff which is wrong, only because enough peers stated it werde true. Oh man! Did bump into this while searching for sth completely different. Made me...
  4. M

Possible Brain Biomarker for ME/CFS Found

Shortly before the onset of my first severe relapse, I had difficulties recalling names of people, even those I knew very well. Later, with worsening POTS, I couldn´t find the right word, even for easy stuff like food or similars. And if I push too hard, my grammar goes nuts either. The funniest...
  5. M

Haaa that so much reminds me of the Muse album cover :-) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/3/35/20130530143926!Muse_2nd_law.jpg which is actually taken from neuroimaging :-)
  6. M

If it replicated the differences in gray and white brain matter, it isn´t useless at all but underlines the reliability of that difference between healthy people´s and ME patients´ brains. And if the deformed right fasciculus arcuatus brings more investigation in what that is needed for, for me...
  7. M

ACTION TO HELP Karina Hansen.

Brainwash as therapy? They must be nuts. And how about the fact that Karina is diagnosed, on the basis of the international classifiction system in the ICD? Anyhow, I censored my card, but I did it for Karina. I did not write, you are in the hands of crappy folks, I wish you much power to...
  8. M

Help for endocrinological examinations for CFS with hypersomnia and immunodepression

Don´t think so, dear Fabio. But I´d do those tests and if not showing anything I´d ask him again. They often do their standard procedures, indeed. Good luck tough!
  9. M

weight gain, IBS, cloudy urine

Hey there, how about adrenal fatigue or some thyroid prob? That can cause all that too but without PEM and especially the weight gain makes me think of those glandular things. If you don´t experience PEM, I could imagine that you might develop ME if not cured but still can avoid ME if the...
  10. M

ACTION TO HELP Karina Hansen.

Karina is us and we are Karina, a little bit, so it is like Dartagnan and friends: One for all, all for one. I sent a card online, I am so glad Internet permits that :-) I soooo much hope Karina will soon be in the physical and health condition to read them all or see them at least. What they...
  11. M

threw up after supplements :-(

Thanks, sounds like a good idea!
  12. M

threw up after supplements :-(

Dear all, did it happen to some of you to have to vomit after taking supplements (which for monthes I have tolerated)? Had that very bad attack of vomiting this morning, after a week of continuous nausea (which happened with the beginning of the crash; I crashed a week ago due to a medical...
  13. M

Amphetamine is an instant, but short lasting, cure

Could be both, Daisy. And I am still glad for every Bupropion pill which I did NOT take. Which is, all of them.
  14. M

"Treatment of neurotic disorders" by Simon Wessely (2008 presentation)

I seriously wonder why no more CFS patients take their lives due to all the slaps in their faces. I know many do it, way too many, but if I look at the overall picture, I just admire those who hang on. It´s so incredibly hurtful to suffer and be treated like a jerk.
  15. M

@Valentijn nooo we should do it AND not do it at the same time, like we seem to do / not do everything at the same time! I guess we are like Schrödinger´s cat huh? ^^
  16. M

don´t burst in anything that resembles extreme acitity @Cheshire ^^ you might not be able to go to the pub afterwards! PS: that hypermentalization crap was talked to me too by the psychiatrist who claimed that my repetitive stating how poorly I felt and what was happening was pathological. I...
  17. M

I recall that B**ch of a psych ward nurse again who stared at me as if I were from Mars, when I, in tears after having had a severe crash after a 2minutes shower (sitting!!), told her that the cause for my poor condition was that I had done too much. For my body, that at that moment was very...
  18. M

Histamine

Hey @Sporty this answer comes "quick and dirty" as I am strung out from the doc´s visit with aches in all my muscles and light sensitivity. You can test for histamine in the blood and for DAO, there´s nothing wrong with that, but the most reliable test imho is your elimination diet plus...
  19. M

Histamine

Hey @Sporty don´t get confused, ;-) it´s not as contradictory as it seems. It´s as follows, as far as I get it: If you have a prob with histamine (there are different kinds: the one you eat in food or take through chemicals or stuff like that into your body, then the one your body itself...
  20. M

Hearing Heartbeat Sounds in Ear – Pulsatile Tinnitus

I sometimes think it is a side effect of POTS. Because it also gets better with more fluid intake. Don´t think it´s placebo, shah 78. But just guessing... :-)
  21. M

Histamine

Yes, I do, Sporty - otherwise I wouldn´t do the research on it but simply eat chocolate... :meh:
  22. M

He doesn´t want to see that ME is physical and not psych. So for me he meets the neurosis criteria ;-) Biut sticking to an erroneous belief with no evidence in reality is quite psychotic. So he meets both. Ha! Borderline! ^^ Sorry, couldn´t help but be ironic seen how easily he attaches psych...
  23. M

Histamine

PS: Not all of the page is in English, but much. I link the food list here below: http://www.histaminintoleranz.ch/download/SIGHI-FoodCompatibilityList_HIT%28EN%29.pdf Then, regarding diagnosis, your doc should exclude other possible reasons. If HIT is very likely, see...
  24. M

Histamine

A little prob is that I use to collect my info on German pages ;-) but I will try my best. Wait a sec....Ha! They exist also in English, great. I recommend you strongly to go through this. There are lots of infos on food, medication, the why and about of HIT and so on...
  25. M

I can see one person in neurotic denial. Which is Mr Wessely. And I strongly wish to remind (him) that correlation does never say anything about cause and effect, you learn this in your very first lesson of statistics. That in mind, you could for example conclude that those avoiding alcohol...
  26. M

How often is ME progressive?

@Keela Too I would like to like what you wrote 1000 times!!!!! That´s it. Yesterday I had that attack of total despair etc., and I told my boyfriend how sick I were of people saying "you are going to be fine (soon)" when I am very sick for almost a year with at the beginning worsening (due to...
  27. M

Histamine

Hi I do not know anything about testing in the UK, but about HIT. So, just ask. Regards, misskatniss
  28. M

Hearing Heartbeat Sounds in Ear – Pulsatile Tinnitus

Got that too. Increases when normal tinnitus increases. I guess it´s a vascular thing and stress response. No clue about a cure, but drinking more and stabilising a little my BP was good. And rest!!
  29. M

Curing Chronic fatigue - the role of water and salt..?

Hey there I am too sad to reply a lot, but I can tell you that I´ve heard that might be quite beneficial: Good for POTS, good for the lowering of histamine. Thus, I drink two glasses of seasalted water daily and find it helpful. If it cures CFS, well, today I am in the mood that nothing ever...