• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. zenzen

The Chickenpox & Shingles Poll

My grandmother suffered terribly with shingles so as soon as I was old enough for my insurance to cover the shingles vaccine, I got it. I couldn't imagine adding an illness like that on top of what I was already trying to struggle through and keep my job. I didn't realize it until recently, but...
  2. zenzen

what has been your most bizarre symptom/symptoms?

Being at work in my cubicle and feeling like I'm disconnected to what is going on around me and the voices of my coworkers, and feeling like I'm absolutely stoned out of my brain...like LSD stoned (did it in the 70s). This doesn't happen as much anymore...thankfully.
  3. zenzen

Suggestions for a woman with sweats

I had severe sweats when standing from Hyper-POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) because my blood pressure was rising (which I was unaware of since I had near perfect sitting blood pressure). It took 2 years of research to discover this. I became sick when I was 56 and every doctor...
  4. zenzen

Amino Acids Test Results

I just got my amino test results back. My glycine is 535 and the range is 122-322. I also have elevated Beta Amino Isobutyric Acid (4 and should be less than 3), Phenylalanine (90 and should be <74), and Ornithine (110 should be <83). My GP ran the tests because I asked her to, but she doesn't...