• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. desertsky69

Comment by 'desertsky69' in 'Did Anyone Get The License On That Truck?'

After finding more info on LDN and Kutapressin/Nexavir those two therapies seemed the offer the best shot at a significant decrease in symptoms. The Nexavir seems expensive and requires injections. The LDN seems like it has relatively few side effects, so I wanted to try it. It is my first...
  2. desertsky69

Low dose Naltrexone

Yeah that is where I get the problem too is after I have been asleep for 2-3 hours, I wake up and can't go back to sleep. Now with, the LDN, it has thrown me into this pattern of waking up after 5 hours of sleep. First night I took it I actually slept for 12 hours, don't know if the LDN had...
  3. desertsky69

Comment by 'desertsky69' in 'Did Anyone Get The License On That Truck?'

Yes I feel your pain Roxie. Without going on a tirade of our health care system I can say I have spent 10 years myself trying to find answers and the medical community is just plain useless. A lot of good info on this site of people actually trying to find solutions and promising new...
  4. desertsky69

Comment by 'desertsky69' in 'My stupid body.................'

Sorry to hear about your symptoms, yes a lot to deal with. I have CFS and a pesky recurring EBV (Epstein Barr Virus) infection. When I was younger I drank a pretty good clip, now I have all but stopped. If I have any alcohol at all it will usually send me into a 2 week flare up of pain strong...
  5. desertsky69

Low dose Naltrexone

I am just starting to try LDN therapy for my CFS. @ Jackass - I have dealt with CFS for the last 10 years, Insomnia has been one of my symptoms, I have found that , though I am not depressed anymore taking 1 St. Johns tablet a day (Perika Brand has worked best for me) pretty much has rid me of...