• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. tckats

mao a r297r geneticgenie shows ++ livewello -- who's right?

I got the same results. I have a child with OCD behaviors showing so I would be interested in knowing which is correct. I did see that Genetic Genie reports the "wild" mutation. I have no clue what this means but they say that the "wild" one is designated with a -/-. I am thinking this means we...
  2. tckats

2 different results

Thanks for your help. My Doc looked closer at Livewello and found that they say I have no mutation. Plus, with Genetic Genie saying "high activity version of MAO A (which is represented as -/-)" and I have the +/+, that means I do not have the mutation. I wish they would just follow the...
  3. tckats

2 different results

I had the 23 and Me genetic testing done and ran the raw data through both Genetic Genie and Livewello. I noticed that my MAO A - R297R came back different. Genetic Genie gave me a +/+ and Livewello gave me a -/-. There is a little side note on Genetic Genie that states they "report the wild...
  4. tckats

Will I forever need potassium?

Thanks for the information. I will give it a try. Plus, what a nice way to relax everyday.
  5. tckats

Will I forever need potassium?

Hi, I am new here and have been trying to wrap my head around methylation and its protocols. I have added the quartet and I am now experiencing leg and feet cramping, only at night. The upside...I feel great!! So, I have been taking potassium and magnesium with some improvement but I am...
  6. tckats

Losing hope - my endo thinks I have Cushing's

I have been in a similar situation where the doc said they think I had something unthinkable. Please, remember that just because they think it doesn't mean that will be your path. They are just speculating, putting out options. It doesn't mean its the truth. I have had docs tell me I had MS and...
  7. tckats

Best brand to buy for methylb12 and Adb12 please

I feel so silly asking such a question. It just seems obvious. Thanks for answering.
  8. tckats

Best brand to buy for methylb12 and Adb12 please

Hello, I am looking into getting Dibencozide but I am having a hard time finding out if these brands contain gluten. Would you mind checking your bottle to see if there is gluten contained in the Source Naturals? I am also wondering about the form it comes in and using it sublingually...or...
  9. tckats

problem to swallow

I developed difficulty in swallowing and found it very scary. Sometime the food would just sit in my mouth and I would wait for the initiation of the swallow. Other times my throat was dry and I neede water to get it down. Here is my hypothesis....Muscle spasms and tightness. If I stretch my...