• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Ssa-255-OCR-SM

PLEASE HELP! I got the short ss disability update machine read 2 pp form. I have a lot of diagnoses, but when I applied the company helping me listed pots Dysautonomia first which has no ss code. On my form ssa-255-OCR-SM my diagnosis is 2480=medically established disability but no ssa code...
  2. H

Slurred speech/dysarthria

Oops, I have ataxia too and I hit send. My speech is ALWAYS bad. My right facial muscles are weak and tongue deviates left suggesting a brain injury that doesn't show on scans. However, babesios and hypothyroid (oh plus mold illness based on Dna & mycotoxins all positive and the other supporting...
  3. H

Update on speech/dysarthria. I learned I have Lyme/babesios/and DO have hypothyroid after all & knew have EBV/EBNA, RA/sjogrens/Dysautonomia beyond POTS, and u name it but docs don't think it's MG. my s
  4. H

Statistically Modelling the Relationships between Type D Personality...

Ps one of my docs used to quote me "EVERYTHING IS A SYNDROME," Even my dad's cancer. He and his friend had the same kind at the same time and the outcomes both vastly differed and were both opposite of what was expected (like they traded bodies). As my mentor said, the correct answer is always...
  5. H

Statistically Modelling the Relationships between Type D Personality...

Omg, I am a psych prof & also statistician. I never even heard of type D personality! As for the sampling method-pathetic! As for the statistics, I have to read the entire paper but it doesn't look like statistical modeling (that is based on much more advanced methods, such as those...
  6. H

On Disability? Here's what a periodic "review" looks like.

I have the 7 year review. I finally got mine & it's due.
  7. H

Advice Please - Doctor Wanting Other Doctors Medical Record

One of my doctors I decided I'm firing asked me to sign 3 releases AFTER he spoke with my doctors from When I was living out of state for a while cause the docs where I live are terrible (including the one I'm firing). My LLMD here (an hour away) is fantastic.
  8. H

On Disability? Here's what a periodic "review" looks like.

PLEASE HELP! I got the short ss disability update machine read 2 pp form. I have a lot of diagnoses, but when I applied the company helping me listed pots Dysautonomia first which has no ss code. On my form ssa-255-OCR-SM my diagnosis is 2480=medically established disability but no ssa code...
  9. H

Ok, my speech is maybe worse than I'm making clear. The hoarseness makes it better usually. My facial muscle feel like they had Botox. I used to be so expressive ppl liked to imitate me. My eyes were very big. It literally is hard to smile. I have to really push myself with my facial muscles. My...
  10. H

My thyroid panel is always normal.
  11. H

What made it better?
  12. H

Ps thx everyone. Pls come back.
  13. H

Thx, I get all that. I can sing, but not speak clearly. It's not my lungs, although I am having a lung issue for the first time right now. I've had speech therapy 4 times. I dont want to just accept it. I have my little "speech" (a sensitive word!) I give ppl abt my speech and how to understand...
  14. H

What do your Drs say? Can ppl understand u on the phone? Do u ever have normal speech? Mine is an articulation problem. It's not like a word retrieval issue. Is yours the same? If u want to tell me more abt your case, u can message me if ur not comfortable sharing here. As I said I know it won't...
  15. H

My speech is almost always slurred. The more horse I am, the clearer it is. I can sing actually, but many cant understand me on the phone. I think it used to be a bit worse. But speech therapy has not been helpful. I mean it's really embarrassing & ppl treat me like I'm stupid but I'm far from...
  16. H

What made it better?
  17. H

Yes, I get hoarseness. I've had Sjögren's syndrome since childhood but I didn't have slurred speech until a few years after my pots dx, which deteriorated beyond pots. Now i learned I have the mold DNA, and all kinds of immune makers.. But there's more. I think this low VEGF is causing a lot of...
  18. H

Does anyone have a persistent problem (onset as an adult some time after you got really sick) with slurred speech (aka dysarthria)? I have a lot of confirmed immune & autonomic issues, too numerous to list.
  19. H

Dr. Blair Grubb- Toledo OH

Sush- I absolutely agree. I could write a book abt this! Your old friend