• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Change in my B12 situation

I don't take Methyl Folate, it's just Methyl B12 5000. I have IBS and responded really well to taking MB12 and Zinc including changes to Psoriasis and improved energy, so much so I would call myself chronic low on B12. To date I never got to grips with my dietry issues, and it's only recently...
  2. C

Change in my B12 situation

Hi there, I've been taking B12 5000mcg along with B complex and multivitamins plus Zinc since last August (9 months) and of recent I haven't been feeling too well. Slurred speech, feeling under the weather, like I'm operating in slow-motion, fuzzy headedness. I've also been on pain killers for...
  3. C

Symptoms of potassium deficiency while doing methylation protocol

@silverseas2014 I've ordered some Potassium to see if it changes anything. I don't have SNPs. I'm just the guy that discovered I have a massive B12 shortage possibly due to IBS and have spent the last 6 months tinkering with my diet to see if I am Gluten intolerant ... and am basically coming...
  4. C

Could these "body aches" also be back aches and pain in the pelvic region?
  5. C

I take 5mg Methylcobalamin daily, and the eye twitching started after a few days. I put this down to the nerves being repaired or reconnecting. About a week later it went away. I don't take any potassium.
  6. C

Thirst for MFolate, those that have ramped up

I have lower back pain since last summer but assume it's either mechanical or related to going gluten free which messes with your bowels. It's interesting to hear the vitimins could affect it.
  7. C

Methylcobalamin Inhalation Therapy

Has anyone said what to me seems obvious... the safe level for a given substance to eat does not mean it's safe to take that substance into the lungs. Who would know what the ramifications are over the years, whether it be carcinogenic or some other problem?
  8. C

Old injuries, healing and methylfolate

I'm not a scientist, but I would think, with the psoriasis, there's possibly some intermediate steps in the process of healing so the B12 feeds into some other mechanism that enables the skin to heal, otherwise all sufferers of Psoriasis would be applying it to their skin and finding good...
  9. C

Old injuries, healing and methylfolate

Well, I don't know if you can count this, but if Psoriasis clears up 90% while on Methylcobalamin including small tears to soft skin areas such as eye lids, then that is healing. Sorry this is about methylfolate isn't it? Anyway thought I would leave this here.
  10. C

Ran out of B-complex

Hi there, I got my new supply of B12 complex this morning. Yes it contains Folate, but all the B vits are only represented in this tablet at 100% RDA, not super strong. But after a short snooze after taking the tablet I drifted awake with kind of electricity along my skin and arms, like a...
  11. C

Ran out of B-complex

I've been taking 5mg Methylcobalamin, Zinc and a B12 complex at lunch and ,most days when I remember a top up B12 in the evening. It's been good until I recently ran out of B12 complex and on the shelf in the supermarket, in it's place was high dose B6, and I got confused thinking B6 was folate...
  12. C

Sherpa's Methylation Journal

Less shipping??? The Bar stewards! Have they even sent you anything??? I would say if they don't have the technology to do it, that's their problem, why should you have to pay handling?
  13. C

B12 working but can't sleep.....

@TPOBPAH I am in the same boat as you re the B12, I take 5000mcg a day which has done some amazing things, and even cured a myriad of problems, but other than an additional B complex tablet, I don't take methyfolate. I have always needed a lot of sleep and slept very solidly all my life until...
  14. C

Anyone have hair regrowth and IBS changes after taking vitamins including B12?

Well, well, well, I posted this thread back on July 5th and it's now Sep 13th. I have been on Gluten Free on top of my Lactose Free and Irritable Bowl has all just about gone. I have some side issues like my body doesn't really tell me when I need to go and I don't think I have strong enough...
  15. C

C-B12 & M-B12 together?

Thank you for your response. I think what is happening is I'm running low in the day on B12, and the cyanacobalamin is able to be converted and top my level up again. Taking it before dinner and not half hour after relieved some of the insomnia. Any data on levels and how long they last would be...
  16. C

Heavy metal detox while still having amalgam fillings

Just by pure coincidence I was reading a book last night which is saying the most dangerous forms of Mercury, (Incidentally Mercury is a substance we all eat in food every day), is methyl mercury and apparently it's very nasty stuff. Whether this is important when taking sub-lingual...
  17. C

C-B12 & M-B12 together?

Hi there, is there any genetic reason or scientific reason why someone might need cyanocobalamin, while taking fairly high doses of methylocobalamin? I decided to stop the cyanocobalamin, when taking methylcobalamin. The C-B12 500mcg was an evening meal tablet, and I think by the evening I am...
  18. C

Odd thing when stopping Methylcobalamin

Has anyone had any painful heart palpitations while talking 5000mcg Methylcobalamin? I am a bit worried that I have some random pains in my heart due to Potassium low due the MB12? Should I go out tomorrow and pick up some Potassium?
  19. C

Over-methylation?

@PeterPositive Do you have a similar chart for methylcobalamin?
  20. C

So my other question, if it's true I'm going to need to spend a very long time on this medication (vitamin), are there any other health considerations? Is it best to try to lower the dose (currently 5000mcg) to the optimum or does the body just get rid of unnecessary B12? Is there a half life...
  21. C

Over-methylation?

I found this thread a little scary and I'm glad you're ok.
  22. C

Help! Cobalt issue

I found it did recharge my batteries! ;) only kidding...
  23. C

@sregan Thank god my Methylcobalamin arrived. It came from over-seas. I started sweating with minimal exertion after about 4 days without, and then I remembered this used to happen to me and I used to blame it on other things like "being unfit". In fact, a whole host of things have happened to...
  24. C

I haven't had any genetic testing. Can I run into any problems if I just take alongside the methylcobalamin - Metafolin® (L-methylfolate) 1000ug without having read up all the intricacies of methylation. I mean, I don't want to either jeopardise what I've achieved nor cause other issues I don't...
  25. C

Best brand to buy for methylb12 and Adb12 please

I'm swearing by Swanson Ultra B12 available on Amazon UK very affordable too. arr, I see you are spending "bucks" you must be in the USA.
  26. C

@Critterina Yes, I've never stopped the B complex but it's only a 100% RDA brand. But bear in mind, that it was that which got me excited in the first place. Maybe there is a case for me to seek out a high or medium strength methyl folate and see what happens? @shah78 The truth is, I...
  27. C

I really appreciate your answer. I going to really try to make this clear as it's a little complex... I first became aware I may be low on vitamins when my sense of smell came back after taking Zinc. This is where it all started and I still take Zinc to today. It's not surprising I'm low on...
  28. C

Hold on a minute. I was told the Potassium levels could drop while on Methylcobalamin so I upped my intake of fish to compensate. No one said anything about it being essential to take B9 or Folate. Can anyone corroborate this?
  29. C

I covered that bit at the end, where it says, "The symptoms which have come back are..."
  30. C

This is really a continuation of my story. Just to recap, I'm the guy who had IBS for years and had amazing results when taking Zinc and B12 and I'm not on a methylation program. So, I started taking Methylcobalamin partly because of this forum and my understanding of how it's more useable by...