• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Supplements that Repair the BBB

Hey BadgerGB7 Hey Badger, How long have you been on this symptom? does your sensation in the brain have any rythm like tak-tak-tak...........just like pusle.
  2. R

Avoid Extreme Anger mood with mb12 and methylfolate.. ....????

Hi whenever I use mb12( 250mg) and methylfolate(100 ug) i get lot of anger which i cannot control at all. am i missing something? I tried lithium but it decreased a little. I have mercury in the body as conformed by hair test. what more supplementation should I add? Regards
  3. R

7 years gone in vain.... 23andme Results help ??

@caledonia My ammonia test results came at 84 with actual range from 112-198. so I have far less ammonia in the blood. I just started taking extremely small doses of mb12 and m-folate and I feel very angry for the whole day. what should I do to overcome this uncontrollable anger? Dont know...
  4. R

Methylfolate and mercury detoxing

Hi all, Whenever I take mb12 and methylfolate of 100ug I get angry from morning to evening. what should I do?
  5. R

@caledonia Yaa I will go through that document and implement it. I will follow your method now.I have few questions. 1. So how long do I stay at a particular dose? 2. I read somewhere that absorption rate of any supplement is 25% only. So...
  6. R

Ok I will do folic acid RBC now. I do have mercury fillings. I am taking 1mg of mb12 jarrow brand and 400ug methylfolate of solgar brand. I am continuing this supplements and the shaking did not return so far but I do feel completely different in the body. I will start with potassium and...
  7. R

@caledonia Hi Caledonia and others. How are you doing? My Update: I stopped taking protein for quite some time. Test Results: Ammonia 8.2 micro mol/L 11.0 - 32.0 Sample :Blood EDTA Method : van Anken and Schiphors * Folic Acid 13.01 ng/ml 3.00 - 17.00 Sample :Serum Method : CLIA *...
  8. R

Choosing between B6 and P5P..?

@Mary, @Critterina What is this NADH? I heard even this is also a form of vitamin b6? any idea about how to identify its correct form for the body? NADH is used for BH2 to BH4 conversion.
  9. R

Yaa I will try with P5P form . Thanks.
  10. R

Hi all, After reading many posts, I am confused as to choose from which of B6 or P5P? Any mutation to identify the right form of B6 just like for B9 which is methyl folate if MTHFR mutation? Regards
  11. R

@caledonia I ordered the strips as you said. After 3 weeks I was able to manage to get my sulphate strips show reading of >400 and less than 800. So the next step would be to go testing ammonia levels? which test to take? any home test strips can be done? Thanks in advance. Still a long road...
  12. R

Very good to read your post again. So far I tried in many hospitals with no luck at all. Docs never heard of those stool tests. I will keep trying. I am sure I will reach those sulphur levels way soon. Its already 2 weeks gone I used those molybdenum tabs. I will update you with the results...
  13. R

@caledonia it took quite a time to order these supplements to india and finally after 1 week at customs, they are here at my desk and i have to start taking them according to genetic mutation. Now Foods, GABA, 500 mg, 100 Capsules Doctor's Best, Best L-Carnitine Fumarate, 855 mg, 60...
  14. R

Reaction vit b1, thiamine, benfotiamine??

Finally all troublesome symptoms vanished. It was a strong detox reaction.Damn strong . total of 7 days to come close to normal. Unless I took multivitamin and minerals, supported with good gut bacteria, antioxidants and great amount of water nothing changed for 3 days. On fourth day I took all...
  15. R

How to detect blood brain barrier leak?

I read the following info : GABA can cross the blood-brain-barrier, helping to support mood and anxiety. Source: www.iherb.com/Metabolic-Maintenance-GABA-750-750-mg-60-Capsules/44716#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=Blood brain barrier&rc=313&sr=null&ic=5 When GABA itself can cross the BBB then...
  16. R

Walking like a zombie

Thanks Jim. Its really good explanation.Its fitting so close...so close.
  17. R

Walking like a zombie

Yaa I have Yaa I have MTHFR A1298C Heterozygous and mercury poisioned also. You can see my signature for other mutations. New thing I am guessing is leaky BBB. Please let me know your thought.
  18. R

Walking like a zombie

Just 50mg Brenda
  19. R

Walking like a zombie

Hello everyone I took this benfothaimine vitamin B1 which is fat soluble lastg 3 days ago and the first two days I didn't get up at all and on day 3 I am walking like a zombie. Can somebody give the rationale? I am so puzzled. I thought only GABA can do it if there is a Leaky BBB. Please...
  20. R

@PeterPositive I am having a confidence that my problem is leaky BBB.
  21. R

@PeterPositive many thanks for replies. I will surely test GABA and inform you. where is Leaky-BBB club? Could not find it. I am absolutely allergic against gluten. If I eat any wheat I become too autistic that day. Just stopped it. Same is the case with dairy products. Does this mean Leaky...
  22. R

Oh my God.... I had cold fever at night and today i cannot go to office.Extreme headaches. Oh my God... Vitamin B1 and B7contains sulphur and the benfo I took is fat soluble and took in > 50 mg. As I am intolerant to sulphur some reaction must have happened in the brian. if I have leaky BBB...
  23. R

Even I took benfo B1 and i am experiencing more nervous activity and muscle pains. Fredd recommends only 10mg. I took 50mg. i will see what happens with 10mg. I did take pottasium gluconate as Fredd recommended but it didn't help. Lets see what happens next.
  24. R

Hi How can i find if I have BBB leakage? doctor said he cannot determine it. I was stunned. I am asking because I always feel something is happening in the center of brian? Any functional testing to find it? It shall be of immense help to me. Warm regards
  25. R

Does CBS mutation expression mean both high ammonia and high sulphites??

Hi I have heterozygous CBS 360. I did take gluthathione, NAC to remove the mercury. I did had bad reaction to this and hence concluded that I am intolerant to sulphur.Even further confirmed by low molybdenum. But I am not sure about Ammonia. I read somewhere that ammonia levels in blood cannot...
  26. R

Urea Cycle: It's a real Pisser - Ammonia, Arginine, Ornithine, Citrulline.

Hi No one in this thread said about Activated charcoal for ammonia detoxification.I could be wrong in misinterpreting the info. So far after reading this thread, here are my takehomes: Reasons for excess ammonia : 1.1 : CBS Upregualtion 1.2 Urea Cycle fault 1.3 Nasty Bacteria I will be...
  27. R

Breast Size and compound Heterozygous MTHFR Relation ??

Hi all, My wife has low confidence because of this low breast size.She also has pale skin. Tired after working for short hours. Of recently, just 2 weeks ago doctor said her RBC count has decreased.I came to know that it was folate deficiency symptoms not from doctor but right on this forum.I...
  28. R

Pulsation in the center and back of brain..?

Hi all, I have this Pulsation in the center and back of brian. I feel the same feeling in the center of heart and also in the left side of chest. As a result, I cannot think clearly at all, brain is foggy etc. What do you think this is caused by? Is it estrogen dominance or b12 or b9...
  29. R

Methylation cycle and Vitamins ???

@PeterPositive Lastly NAD and NADH confusion. which one should I use?