• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Lithium orotate, methylation and thyroid

@stridor - very interesting. I've recently identified mercury poisoning as a contributing/major factor in my CFS/ME. Hair & urine tests show mercury, and a porphyrins test shows the mercury signature. And mercury can interfere with lithium transport in the body. B12 definitely helps my brain...
  2. M

Methylfolate and mercury detoxing

@pemone Thanks for all the info, very useful. I've just done a hair test, which indicates mercury poisoning using Cutler's assessment. Also had a urine & porphyrins test to double-check, and they both came back with the mercury fingerprint. So I'm looking into this as a contributing factor in...
  3. M

Glutathione and sleep

Interesting thread. I've had some health issues and discovered some higher than usual levels of toxic metals in a urine test (nothing crazy, but should be lower). I'd previously had a boost in energy from adding one particular type of magnesium - Drs Best - but now that I look at the...
  4. M

Genova Krebs Cycle - no Lactic Acid (<dl)...should I be worried?

Hi, I've been reading various post on here for a while, it's a gold-mine of information! I'm trying to get to the bottom of my ongoing fatigue but can't seem to find an answer to this one... My Genova O.N.E. test came back and most of it is broadly in the green zone. However there is one...
  5. M

Recipe for NAD (and ATP)

I also notice from this wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine_triphosphate#ATP_recycling) that: "The total quantity of ATP in the human body is about 0.2 mole". ...this equates to 0.2 x 507 (molar mass of ATP) = approx 100g of ATP in a 'typical' person. "the total amount of...
  6. M

Recipe for NAD (and ATP)

Following this thread with interest. I've been on a basic levels of nutrients for a number of months which has slowly but gradually helped in terms of energy: Multi-vit (Thorne basic nutrients), C, D, zinc, magnesium, Omega 3, 5-MTHF, hydroxo-B12, adenosyl-b12, L-Carnitine Fumerate, CoQ10...
  7. M

Managing Potassium Deficiency - Share your experience

Interesting link here that explains the interaction of potassium, sodium and magnesium: http://www.mgwater.com/schroll.shtml It suggests that magnesium is what enables the potassium/sodium pump within the cell to operate. So: - If potassium levels are high enough, but a person is deficient in...
  8. M

Histamine

I noticed comments from Rich, @TheMoonIsBlue, @Sushi, @UM MAN on this in a previous thread - "Do B12 and Folate increase Histamine?" (http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/do-b12-and-folate-increase-histamine.10748/) Just wondered if anyone had any successes from taking Daosin /...
  9. M

Histamine

@Valentijn and @Gandalf - I think you'd spoken about HNMT gene/enzyme previously, do you know what the #rsid references are to try and help me find this info in the 23andme results? And what the 'risk' values are? Many thanks!
  10. M

Histamine

@misskatniss - how did the tests go, did they show up any histamine / DAO issues? @sregan I recently discovered from my 23andme results that I have a double-mutation in the DAO enzyme, which suggests I may have higher histamine levels than 'normal'. Also, I see that a few articles suggest that...
  11. M

23andme: TMG for BHMT +/+ ? (and plenty of other +/-)... any advice?

Many thanks! @Freddd - I'll check out those more active forms @caledonia, @Valentijn , @Critterina - v interesting. I'm still trying to figure out the impact of my COMT genes, but my understanding so far is: COMT +/+ already have excess methyl groups in the system, so hydroxy-B12 might be...
  12. M

23andme: TMG for BHMT +/+ ? (and plenty of other +/-)... any advice?

Hi, this is my first post, hopefully some of you knowledgeable people out there can help! I've been suffering from extreme exhaustion for the last 18 months following a nasty virus which hit at a particularly busy/stressful time, and it knocked me out completely. I've had ups and downs since...