• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. USAFANG67

Is CFS the same as GWI(Gulf War Illness) or is GWI a new & different disease?

Hi Silverblade, Your thoughts and response here are right in line with how I feel about GWI and the concerted efforts by many agencies both government, military and businesses that would profit from this to look the other way. Money is a powerful tool and motivator to get people to do things...
  2. USAFANG67

Hi Marg, I'm rather new to this group and not very familiar as to how to get an email alert when people reply to a question I post. So I apologize for not getting back to your sooner. Yes I'm very familiar with Dr Klimas and her treating GWI and CFS patients. I participated in a GWI research...
  3. USAFANG67

Article: Allies in the Fight: Gulf War Illness/ME/CFS Research Possibilities Emerge

"VCS Helps Win $10 Million for Gulf War Illness Research/"House Passes Defense Appropriations Bill, CDMRPs Retained" It has been my personal experience that little if any personal benefit has had any positive impact on my life in dealing with GWI. One year of my life feels like I've aged 5...
  4. USAFANG67

XMRV and sex

Is it too early to ask if XMRV is sexually transmittable?
  5. USAFANG67

Hi Marg, I went to the briefing this Saturday(3/26/11)at the Miami VA Medical Center Auditorium and found it to be very information. Given the pace of the research that is taking place I'd love to see something like this take place on a 6month bases. It's a rather exciting time to be in this...
  6. USAFANG67

Gulf War Syndrome vets march on London!

Is this the paper you are referring to: Immunological response in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) following a graded exercise test to exhaustion Authors: J. LaManca, S. Sisto, J. Ottenweller, A. Peckerman, S. Cook, T. Denny, W. Gause and B.H. Natelson. NJ CFS Research Center, New Jersey Medical...
  7. USAFANG67

Gulf War Syndrome vets march on London!

I think the truth about Gulf War Vets lie in inoculation that were given to the vets whom were deployed either before or after deployment. As to why and which one came down with GWI is dependent on if you got the experimental vaccine(which was a crap shoot) and or how your immune system reacted...
  8. USAFANG67

Hi, I was wondering if CFS is the same as GWI(Gulf War Illness) or is it a new & different disease? Or is the jury still out on this one? Thank you, Matt - Fla.