• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. humptydumpty

Methylcobalamin and acne?

I think that the common denominator is that you should look into support supplements :). Try all-in-one multivitamin from Yasko, as that was used in the trial.
  2. humptydumpty

What is the mechanism of the deficiency you are talking about? I thought paradoxical folate deficiency is due to high doses of folic acid crowding out methyl folate.
  3. humptydumpty

You can cut pills with a pill cutter. Look at the dosages in the treatment plan [1]. Also, different forms are suggested and some additional supplements. You might want to stop and resume according to the plan once your condition stabilizes. [1]...
  4. humptydumpty

Recapturing Accidental Perfect Energy/Clear Thinking

Nitric oxide is a chemical transmitter stored in huge reserves in the skin (as no2 and no3), can be released by UVA light. http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_weller_could_the_sun_be_good_for_your_heart
  5. humptydumpty

Glutathione

I understand that some reactions can flow both directions, but I don't understand how does that answer my question. Can you be more specific?
  6. humptydumpty

Antioxidants in the body besides Glutathione

Chris Masterjohn is vocal about this. I am not sure it is the best link but you can follow from there. http://www.westonaprice.org/blogs/cmasterjohn/is-vitamin-d-safe-still-depends-on-vitamins-a-and-k-testimonials-and-a-human-study/
  7. humptydumpty

Glutathione

Assuming high homocysteine, why would insufficient b12 or methylfolate be slowing things down for glutathione synthesis? Does anyone have a link with the glutathione pathways well modeled. Like what are the enzymes regulations and substrates? Maybe that is not well understood yet though.
  8. humptydumpty

Glutathione

Hi Everyone, I don't have CFS, but got attracted to this forum by high quality posts. I would to learn more about glutathione, how it is produced and recycled. A few months ago I ran a spectracell micronutrient tests which told me I am desperately low in antioxidant function. I was supposed to...
  9. humptydumpty

Antioxidants in the body besides Glutathione

I am surprised nobody mentioned Retinol. If you take it you might want to consider your vit d status, especially if you get sick often. Spectracell micronutrient test tests for both.