• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Finch

Dreambirdie's video is on ireport.cnn.com!

I just want to bump this up in the hope that more people will submit comments! http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-484879
  2. Finch

Easy Solution to Treat CFS - Dr. Oz

Thank you, Wayne! Now that I've written and saved it, hopefully I will find more ways to use what I've written. There is so much more, too. Tymewarp#9, I also want to thank you for your very well-written letter. Lots and lots of good points! If only someone would read these things and...
  3. Finch

Major Public Media Campaign Launched - This WILL Get the Attention of MILLIONS!

I don't use Facebook and made my donation through the Paypal link of the P.A.N.D.O.R.A. website. It was very easy. Just remember to put "Our Voice, Our Message, Our Lives" in the description box. Thank you, Tina and everyone working on this!
  4. Finch

Dreambirdie's video is on ireport.cnn.com!

An Excellent Idea! Thanks once again, Dreambirdie, for another excellent idea. I have registered and submitted a comment and urge anyone else reading this to do so. Gee, I've never been one to speak out like this before, and I think I'm kind of starting to enjoy it! Hmm... Gotta love...
  5. Finch

Thank you

Inspirational, Mark! Agreed.
  6. Finch

CDC's response back 14/8/2010 to my questions

Very interesting! Could it be that they realize you're from Australia and therefore are allowed to take your ME questions more seriously? I hope you get the answers you're seeking!
  7. Finch

Go Tania! This should be interesting (if you're up to it)! ETA: I have the same problem with phone conversations.
  8. Finch

Ask a simple question... From the CDC's reply to Tania's simple and excellent question: Basically, they refuse to answer her question and send her looking in all sorts of places to probably still not come up with a definitive answer. So it is up to the patient to figure out for herself...
  9. Finch

Q & A with CDC's STEVE MONROE, by Mindy Kitei

What a superb demonstration of "government speak!" Thank you for all your good work, Mindy! ETA: Loved your questions, by the way.
  10. Finch

Easy Solution to Treat CFS - Dr. Oz

My Letter to Dr. Oz Okay, first, it's taking me out of my comfort zone a bit to post this out here for all the world to see, but at the encouragement of a friend (thank you, Dreambirdie), I am posting the email I sent to Dr. Oz. (Damn - he better actually read this. It's awfully long. I don't...
  11. Finch

My New YouTube Video - CFS Epidemics

Thank you, Caledonia, for another great video! Your graphic display of the epidemic of this disease is definitely an eye opener.
  12. Finch

My New CFS Video--CFS Patients Address the CDC

Hello to you, too, Mark! Dreambirdie has done something really great here. Now it's up to us to figure out how to get her work viewed by as many as possible. Thank you, too, for putthing all those videos in one place. They are a great way to get our message across. People like videos!
  13. Finch

Comment by 'Finch' in 'Embracing Reality'

Kelvin, you are brilliant! Even better, you are also wise. Grandma Flo taught you well. Your wife seems to be very wise, also. I'm so glad you're sharing this with us. Many of us are dreaming of one day being able to follow in your path. Thank you for paving the way for us!
  14. Finch

Klonopin

My experience with Klonopin has been good, but nothing as good as yours, Chris! I had read some years ago about Klonopin being useful to help with sleep in ME/CFS. At the time, Ambien was allowing me to fall asleep, but I still felt as though there was an electrical current running through my...
  15. Finch

My New CFS Video--CFS Patients Address the CDC

Hi Dreambirdie! Your video is fantastic. I'm so glad I came across it. The images, the words, the music, and the presentation are all just right. Very professionally done in my non-professional opinion! I'm in the middle of reading Osler's Web (finally), and I know of nobody to whom I can...
  16. Finch

CDC XMRV Retrovirology Study on CFS Published

Thanks, Muffin! He's slowly recovering, but every time I saw them hang one of those bags, although I knew it was to help him, I did cringe inside wondering what might be in there. I was in that state of despair for a few months and have just recently emerged. Hopefully I'll become more active...
  17. Finch

CDC XMRV Retrovirology Study on CFS Published

Can we donate blood? Of course not. I have only to think of my father, who recently received several units of blood following surgery and a resulting period of critical illness. I'm not willing to infect him, nor any other good person who is in need of blood. Threatening to do it is one...
  18. Finch

Phoenix Rising YouTube Video Thread

Hi Frickly and Danny! It's wonderful to see you Shel and Gracenote. Excellent job with the photography Gracenote, and I'm so glad you have a lovely tree to look at!
  19. Finch

Bluebird, Teej, Adam, Tammie - whoever else I'm forgetting ... it's so nice to be able to put a name to the faces (even if they're nicknames) and the messages people post here. So in that spirit - Finch sighting is at 1:56.
  20. Finch

:smiley-hug: Gentle hugs back to you, Teej. :smiley-hug: Thanks for sharing which photo is yours. I'm so sorry for your pain. I know some of you by your photos, but I wish I knew you all. I'm lucky to be one of the "healthy looking" ones. Definitely far from actually being healthy, of...
  21. Finch

:tear:Yes - I checked, and it's the "Rise like a Phoenix" part that gets me each and every time! I think that's the dream we all share. Cort - you named this place so well!
  22. Finch

Hi Dreambirdie!
  23. Finch

Wonderful! Teej, cinderkeys, and all involved: Thank you so much - you've done a wonderful job. The song is wonderful, and I love seeing the photos of my friends here. The ones I know are particularly poignant for me. Yes, I have grins of recognition and tears for your pain. I...
  24. Finch

Heart Attack from CFS Treatment

Hi Kathi I think it's great that you've submitted this complaint. I hope you get a good response. I think this was a great idea and probably something more of us should do when we've been blatantly mistreated. The other thing that bugs me is that Dr. Pierotti was under suspension when i...
  25. Finch

Kathi - I just checked, and the pregnenolone he had me on was 100mg. Of course, he never mentioned that when I had the atrial fibrillation episode. I feel very fortunate, but also very naive that I didn't know until now how much I'd been mistreated. Also that I didn't question things more...
  26. Finch

Hi Kathi - yes, we do need to talk! I'll double check on those thyroid levels. I should've done that before posting. I'll edit if they were wrong. I just remember that something was critical. Digging through the papers right now feels too hard, but they're fairly close at hand, and I should...
  27. Finch

Could have been me! Kathi, I'm so glad that I finally noticed this thread. Thank you so much for posting your story! I started treatment at the FFC in Pittsburgh in November of 2006. I, too, was given T3, but my dosage was ramped up. The problem was that there was no lab work going on...
  28. Finch

Is getting well about money????

m1che11e, This does not answer your plea for how to get well without money, but I've been thinking about this lately. Does anyone know of any other illness that is so expensive if you do choose to try to treat it? Our doctors cannot accept insurance because they treat outside of the...
  29. Finch

Merry Christmas!

It's so nice to stop by and see everyone who's been here and all the nice greetings and gifties of photos and recipes and music and funnies! One more time: MERRY CHRISTMAS!
  30. Finch

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Linda and all the people she said! I was too lazy to do that. ETA - And Joyscobby too! I hope we didn't miss anyone!