• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

question for richvank - methylation + adrenal support

Have you considered doing an ACTH stimulation test? Given you produced such poor results for a 24 hour adrenal test (saliva cortisol?), it could be a useful next step. I'd certainly be wanting to discount full blown adrenal insufficiency.
  2. S

British newspaper XMRV article yesterday

The Science Media Centre is an independant organisation which aims to facilitate the interaction between scientists and the media. A good idea in theory, although obviously open to abuse. Journalists are not under any obligation to use their services, however, and a statement such as ""All press...
  3. S

My problems

I'd certainly say there's the possibility of thyroid disease, and despite what your doctor believes I'd argue that your TSH is far from being normal. The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists has for a number of years been promoting an optimal range of 0.3 to 3.0. Worth noting...