• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Can anyone help me interpret Genova Metabolic Analysis Profile?

Thanks AkeBono, that's really helpful. I found that eating crushed garlic made me feel really rough in my stomach as soon as I swallowed it, so I stopped using that. I'm taking Acidophilus, Berberine and Garlic tablets. I'll try to push for another, longer course of antibiotics to try to get rid...
  2. P

Thanks Leo, I'll get started with the supplements you suggested and also see if I can get my blood sugar tested. Started on the burp test - didn't burp for 20 mins, so think I might have low stomach acid! To answer your question about the Giardia, I'm not convinced it has been cleared up. I'm...
  3. P

Ps, to everyone who has been helping I really appreciate it. If I'm slow in replying, it's because I'm having to make some pretty big life changing decisions about work due to the fatigue, so having to have lots of meetings with my work partners about it and then lots of conversations with my...
  4. P

AkeBone: thanks for the points you made about Giardia and the levels of other bacteria. I'll check out the link you gave. That makes a lot of sense and would fit with the upper quadrant abdominal discomfort and distension I'm getting. Is it more antibiotics to treat the bacteria there? You...
  5. P

Thanks for such a thorough response Leo, I've been on liquorice root for about 3 months and just started D-ribose 3 weeks ago. Not seen any effect from either so far, but not sure how long they would take? Would the ribose not really help without the B3 anyway? To answer your questions: I...
  6. P

I was asked to post my CDSA results in an earlier post. Here they are along with the ASP to give the full picture. I've since undergone a 7 day course of Metronidazole to treat the Giardia.
  7. P

Oops, 'fermented' above should say 'fermented oats'!
  8. P

Thanks Leopardtail and AkeBono, To answer your questions: I've been pretty grain free for about 2 years. Found gluten wasn't doing me any favours, but also gluten free alternatives still gave discomfort, so just dropped most grains entirely and upped my fats and veggies. I guess that makes me...
  9. P

Thanks Valentijn, I was concerned about the high 5-HIAA reading because of the potential cancer link, so the doc did a further test on that one reading and gave me the all clear. I should have mentioned that I had just been taking Guiafenisen for a nasty chest infection just before sending in...
  10. P

Thanks. My Adrenal Profile revealed that my morning and bedtime Cortisol level was ok, but the 2 daytime levels were very low and DHEA was very low. CDSA showed moderately raised Putrefactive SCFAs, Beta-Glucuronidase, n-Butyrate and Triglycerides. Very high Long Chain Fatty Acids and Fecal...
  11. P

Hi, I'm a new member here. I've had fatigue for a year and no got very far with my doctor. I've had the Genova ASP, CDSA and MAP done. I can understand the first two pretty well I think, but I can't make head nor tail of the Metabolic Analysis Profile. Can people here on the forum help me to...