• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. 62milestogojoe

Remission success. How?

I agree with you. Tai chi is my preferred exercise and seems to calm the ANS
  2. 62milestogojoe

N3 sleep pre and post treatment with Ayurvedic medicine

Hi olegsel First an opportunity to say best wishes for 2019. I confess to being a little confused by your post, I guess the dangers of inconsistency in cut and paste can be a hazard and I am going to match the heinous application of cut and paste with an equally heinous anecdote so that we can...
  3. 62milestogojoe

Hi Hip Without doubt the keystone event in the first cycle of treatment in 2016 was achieving N3 for the first time in 3 years. Though I did not have access to Oura to provide data I certainly knew I had experienced N3: such a deeply refreshed ‘non ME’ sensation. It signalled the beginning of...
  4. 62milestogojoe

Just a sketch using Oura to illustrate a patient experiencing deep, refreshing sleep following Ayurvedic treatment and another patient just embarking on treatment. Patient following treatment Patient undergoing treatment It’s difficult to explain to medics/family/friends and colleagues...
  5. 62milestogojoe

Remission success. How?

Hi Seven Those were my thoughts and I think I blogged a dna microbiology list of content of panchagavya on PR sometime in the past.
  6. 62milestogojoe

Remission success. How?

EchoBravo flew back to Europe today in remission from ME. I have completed treatment except for nasyam. I am also in remission. The interesting part now is to support ‘experiments number 4 and 5’ McTavish and theProf as they begin treatment and I will be using Oura to monitor improvement in...
  7. 62milestogojoe

Remission success. How?

As you no doubt know, we all tend to have regimes of tablets and supplements. Normal regime is continued until patient and doctor agree that they can be safely dropped/replaced by Ayurvedic meds. This can mean a patient is still taking some or all of their meds up to 10 days or so.
  8. 62milestogojoe

Remission success. How?

Hi Pamojja Day 1 consultation Day 2 25-30ml of a particular ghee in the morning High table rhythm massage followed by 20 minutes in steam box follows. Diet restrictions to 2 bowls of organic food per day Day 3-5 As above with increasing dosage of ghee Day 6 purgative either vomina or...
  9. 62milestogojoe

Remission success. How?

Hi We’re working on it! Collecting data from another subject tonight and will be generating results once treatment is established. Given the sad fact that there is no accepted diagnostic marker nor monitoring marker for the disease, this is an exciting opportunity to generate some data on the...
  10. 62milestogojoe

Remission success. How?

Hi Mattie You don’t think 100 minutes N3 sleep in a treated ME patient versus 17 minutes in an untreated patient is any kind of empirical evidence???
  11. 62milestogojoe

Remission success. How?

Yes, detox followed by 2 weeks of treatment. Very successful programme.
  12. 62milestogojoe

Remission success. How?

Thanks. Yes of course I remember you. Appreciate the good wishes. McTavish is in purgation day....laxatives giving green poo like a new born. TheProf is on last day of panchakarma with high dose ghee.
  13. 62milestogojoe

Remission success. How?

Thanks! Driven 140km by motorcycle to the Ghats. No physical or ME crash
  14. 62milestogojoe

Remission success. How?

Four ME patients in Varkala SM Ayurveda in Kerala, India. From left to right EchoBravo (4 years ME now in remission) 62milestogojoe (7 years ME now in remission) McTavish (10 years ME on fourth day of detox) TheProf (6 years ME on third day of detox) We are at different stages of recovery. I...
  15. 62milestogojoe

Ayurvedic 'second stage trial' success

Hi, the detox paste comes in 2 forms as I remember, both can be bought in India but I am not sure about Europe. I'm sorry but I don't have access to a jar with labelling for the plants at the moment. I brought sufficient detox paste to DIY a detox in Spring but trying to replicate the Ayurvedic...
  16. 62milestogojoe

Hi Abin has rooms at the clinic but a cheaper place with mozzie nets is Deuvill hotel, only 2 minutes walk. Will be there in 2 weeks, another PR member arrives today.
  17. 62milestogojoe

Suicide vs Modafinil

Hi Hip. What you report is interesting and helps reinforce the fact that different reactions occur in individuals to the same compound. I had an unpleasant reaction to sulbutiamine mentally, feeling anxious and claustrophobic and very 'heavy-headed'.
  18. 62milestogojoe

Suicide vs Modafinil

Brain fog is a crippling, horrible facet of ME. There have been times when I've dribbled over my fingers trying to spell my name. You have my sympathy Hubris. My doctor refused to prescribe Modafinil too and offered fluoxetine. Chalk and cheese, apples and oranges. No comparison. I sourced the...
  19. 62milestogojoe

Suicide vs Modafinil

Hi. Caution is advised with modafinil regarding payback from the boost in energy. I have never taken the drug on consecutive days and anticipate a very quiet day for recovery the day after. I was pointed to a useful piece of supplement advice by Hip recently which has helped with ameliorating...
  20. 62milestogojoe

Suicide vs Modafinil

I think many of us with this disease have contemplated suicide and I think that contemplation is justified given the loss of our functional lives. Sadly, there are many cases where contemplation leads to the final act itself. All of us can understand it. Having been bed bound, house bound and...
  21. 62milestogojoe

Neuroinflammation in the Brain of Patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Disappointing news, this article is a re-write of the 2014 paper. Translated it yesterday and re-write was confirmed by Osaka office. On the positive side, the Prof is still working on a new study.
  22. 62milestogojoe

Neuroinflammation in the Brain of Patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Not available yet in English but a quick translation of the extended Japanese abstract gives- hypoperfusion and degraded synthesis of glutamate, aspartic acid and acetylcarnitine in the frontal lobe, cingulate gurus, basal ganglia, hippocampus. Also, decreased serotonin transporter density in...
  23. 62milestogojoe

Interesting Hip. I am about to invest in a TDCS to experiment with, hoping to facilitate promotion of synaptogenesis to circumvent any areas potentially damaged by neuroinflammation. (it is a shame we can't access low dose psychedelics). I will also be using the technique (once mastered) on an...
  24. 62milestogojoe

Hip, I really like your approach to experimentation. In shirodhara, there is a pattern to the flow of oil across the forehead but also with some focus on right and left temples. The therapist who treated me in January was very experienced and I achieved a very deep state of relaxation, but this...
  25. 62milestogojoe

I don't know but I would imagine that to be the case. However, all the products go through a special fermentation process before they are suitable for medicinal use. I would ask the doctor @Abin.