• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

An idea on how ME/CFS patients can create mass street demonstrations — and not over exert ourselves

My experience is more of violence by the police Hip. Thats the point. I do of course wish all success, and hopefully no violence, to the "walks" you mention. My thoughts were in direct response to your calls "to form a mass demonstration using our cars", which seemed to indicate a degree of...
  2. M

An idea on how ME/CFS patients can create mass street demonstrations — and not over exert ourselves

Perhaps your experience of police and their behavior at protests are different to mine Hip. You certainly have far more faith in them than I have. We may also have different definitions as to what constitutes "anti social" behaviour in this context. As the law in the UK currently stands, all...
  3. M

With the insidious creep of anti-protesting laws in the UK and the abuses of the Prevention of Terrorism laws over recent years, an armoured car might be more appropriate. Legitimate public demonstration in the UK has been virtually banned. The full force of existing legislation and numerous...