• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

serum levels - b12 low, folic acid high

Thanks for the advice Peter. Just received an email from New Chapter, these are the ingredients: Pantothenic Acid† (Calcium-d-pantothenate) 22.5 mg Riboflavin-Vitamin B2† (Riboflavin) 4.5 mg Vitamin B6† (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 4.5 mg Thiamin-Vitamin B1† (Thiamine hydrochloride) 2.5 mg...
  2. A

I have sent them an email to specify the exact forms of B-vitamins. Could you recommend me please an high quality b-complex with active forms and low dosages? Hmm, that may be. Haven't thought about that. but I guess, if it was a reaction from the fermented ingredients I should have gotten it...
  3. A

For the last 14 days, I have taken the following B-complex - http://www.newchapter.com/targeted-vitamins-nutrients/coenzyme-b-food-complex, and B12. In the last two days, I had a diarrhea and felt nauseated. So I started to ask some questions, maybe too much folate and so on....
  4. A

There is not precise figure indicated. I started to take b-complex with folate (not synthetic) and B12. My question is, should I listen to the doctor and take only B12, or in addition a b-complex with folate and all the rest of Bs?
  5. A

Hi, My b12 serum level is 284pg/ml, folic acid - above 10ng/ml (normal range = higher than 5ng/ml). Doctor prescribed only b12, and told me not to take b-complex. Different methylation protocols indicate that b-complex is essential. Please advise, Alon
  6. A

B12 deficiency

No, I don't take, and yea I'm really overthinking about the symptoms, I will try to let go a little bit. thanks for the advice.
  7. A

B12 deficiency

Woke up today in the morning, had a light diarrhea, and some nausea throughout the day, is it normal? read some scary stuff about potassium deficiency, please advise.
  8. A

B12 deficiency

An update, it has been 10 days since I started to take the supplements: New Chapter B-complex, solgar 1000mcg sublinguals (as cobalamin) 3 a day, vitamin C. I'm waiting for Jarrow 5mg mb12, Source Natural Dibencozide and Newchapter multivitamin to arrive by mail, I'm sure they are going to kick...
  9. A

B12 deficiency

I read the different protocols in the forum, and I notice that some of them recommend titrating up to 25mg methylb12 a day, is it really necessary to reach these higher levels to insure healing? can't I just stick to 1-5mg mb12 sublingual a day, and give myself the time necessary to heal?
  10. A

B12 deficiency

Ok, great! thanks you very much Marital!
  11. A

B12 deficiency

I'm taking the following B-complex: http://www.newchapter.com/targeted-vitamins-nutrients/coenzyme-b-food-complex#supplement-facts I don't notice any change in urine colorimetry, whereas with Solgar I did notice. Is it okay? This b-complex also seems to contain folate rather than folic acid...
  12. A

B12 deficiency

Should I add dibencozide into the mix? I've noticed that Source Naturals dibencozide contains 8.6mg vitamin b12, whereas Jarrow methylb12 contains 1mg. Is this ratio right?
  13. A

B12 deficiency

Thanks you Marital, I will try to look for a clinic to get injections. The neurological issues are so mild, that they're barely noticeable. I think I've started to feel them since I started to supplement. The main issues now are tiredness, fatigue, which I think get worse, is that normal?
  14. A

B12 deficiency

Thinking of injections makes me feel not so good.. I have patience to build it up with the sublinguals. First thing in the morning I eat a banana, b-complex pill, and the rest of my meal. Is it still necessary to take folate? because the b-complex contains it. I plan to take the mb12 after the...
  15. A

B12 deficiency

Thanks for the reply. I have noticed that the b-complex I use (solgar) has folic acid inside. I have changed it to New Chapter B-complex. http://www.newchapter.com/targeted-vitamins-nutrients/coenzyme-b-food-complex I have also ordered Jarrow methyl B12 1000mcg. I hope things will get better.
  16. A

B12 deficiency

Hello, I'm 29 years old male, suffering from B12 deficiency. I don't suffer from ME/CFS, though I do have symptoms of fatigue, lack of energy, no energy to exercise. Three years ago I had been through a stressful two years in the university, which ended up in a burnout. Since then I have...
  17. A

B12 deficiency

Hello, I'm 29 years old male, suffering from B12 deficiency. I don't suffer from ME/CFS, though I do have symptoms of fatigue, lack of energy, no energy to exercise. Three years ago I had been through a stressful two years in the university, which ended up in a burnout. Since then I have...