• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Managing Pots in Public... lay on the ground?!

Hi Bombsh3ll, I'd be really interested to know how that abdominal binder went for you, especially if you've used it alone - does it do anything for you? I was reading somewhere recently (as usual, forgotten the source) that compressing the abdomen can be particularly effective, for reasons I've...
  2. C

Temporary paralysis I need your Insights

Just a thought, Jenny - is it possible you were exposed to any unusual/new-to-you chemical prior to the onset of the paralysis, eg paint, pesticide, anything in new furnishings or carpet, etc? Apart from the 'ME-crash'-related type of paralysis, I did experience a different kind of temporary...
  3. C

In Memory of Jodi Bassett

Tania, I don't know if this helps or not, but she died of breast cancer, not of the ME. I understand that she had indeed been making good progress with the ME when she got the diagnosis. She fought it and stayed hopeful right to the end.
  4. C

In Memory of Jodi Bassett

According to one of the many posters on the Facebook Obituary/Condolences page, she died of breast cancer. She had been making some good progress with her ME, when she got this diagnosis. She had hope and fought it right up until the end.