• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Need a room in San Francisco - south bay

Thanks a lot HOPE, I will consider those options, too.
  2. S

Thank you all. I will try those services as well.
  3. S

Canthink thanks. Minkey I have done everything you mentioned to find a place. Unfortunately now renting in my area is very difficult . It used to be much easier 4 years ago .
  4. S

Thanks Ginger. You are right .Rent price has gone up drastically in the last 3 years in SF area, but I am absolutely unable to move for so many reasons. I will check those roommate sites as well.
  5. S

Minkey, I had no luck with Craigslist . Never heard of roommate matching services.
  6. S

Hi, I have not been here for a while as I was so sick I could not even read any more. I am now desperately looking for a room in SF bay area . I cant afford an apartment and my disability case was denied about 2 years ago, but I can pay rent. If I do not find a place within 2 weeks I will have...
  7. S

Could Your Fibromyalgia Really Be Hyperparathyroidism?

I have a positive sestamibi scan, a positive ultrasound that says there is something there in my neck, both on the left side but in different spots. PTH is 73 and out of range, calcium is 10.2 and now 9.8 wit the same PTH number. I was sent to a surgeon, she scheduled an appointment for the...
  8. S

sudden thyroid storm untreated

Thank you for your comments. I can't write much now because I feel terrible. I will have to call tomorrow , and schedule an ultrasound, a scan, and a visit with the Endo. No HC for now, and 4 grams of carnitine with no help.
  9. S

sudden thyroid storm untreated

I need some advice please. I went to ER 3 days ago, and blood test showed TSH 0.04, free T4 : 2.0. Doc gave me no medication, and sent me to see another GP the next day. She ordered tests and referred me to an Endocrinologist. This is a County hospital , and I have no insurance now. I will...
  10. S

Inner vibrations....what are they really?

I had the same problem, and it was due to adrenal fatigue. Hydrocortisone for a couple of months stopped the viberation. Sorry if I can't give more info, because I am very sick now.
  11. S

NIMH: Fund Neuro-Nano Technology Research

https://www.change.org/petitions/funding-for-neuro-nano-technology-research-in-the-united-states
  12. S

What brand of Bifidus is the best?

You are right. I meant bifidobacterium bacteria. My GI test also measured three types of bacteria, and I had low level of bifido.
  13. S

What brand of Bifidus is the best?

Any species that help.
  14. S

All plausible causes of ME

Rich VanK posted a list long time ago, but I can't find it using the search option.
  15. S

Strattera (atomoxetine)

Only a few of the listed substances. No jump in heart rate, high or low blood pressure. glutamic acid low normal range ( excellent glutamine level) cortisol 11-13 ( high normal range is 22) no serotonin, but phosphatidyl serine borderline and low ( l serine did nothing) acetylcholine high normal
  16. S

Equilibrant

I really like to take Equilibrant, but even half a tablet gives me a very bad headache. Is there a way to get around this issue?
  17. S

Strattera (atomoxetine)

Val, this is my post on another thread. Please let me know what you think: I have no Adhd symptom, and Excedrin which has caffeine( a stimulant) is the only thing that helps me with OI, and pain. I take one tablet, and I have no brain fog for hours. I am only worried about the side effects of...
  18. S

CFS: 3 Cases and a Discussion of the Natural History of ADHD

I have no Adhd symptom, and Excedrin which has caffeine( a stimulant) is the only thing that helps me with OI, and pain. I take one tablet, and I have no brain fog for hours. I am only worried about the side effects of aspirin and acetaminophen. I would like to try Strattera if it has fewer side...
  19. S

Allergy / Mast cell treatments

Hi, Here is a picture of the type of rash I get from time to time, mostly on my lips, nose, or chest: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mastocanada/3734926271/in/set-72157622242515904 I have tried loratadine ( a second generation H1s), but again feel very sleepy on it. Avoiding certain foods...
  20. S

I am using Alertec which I bought at Costco, but it makes me sleep all day, and does not help much. I have got eczema all over my nose , and lips now after eating some pineapple and mango. I also had flushing and felt very hot as the eczema rash was getting worse and spreading. Generic allegra...
  21. S

Cold sores

I use Desonide cream, but it is not helping much right now. Famvir worked for me better when I had insurance.Does anybody know if one might get these sores in GI tract or any other internal organs?
  22. S

MONTOYA STUDY needs more participants

Any update on this study?
  23. S

Presentation: Lowering the Histamine Burden

Magnesium, vit C, b6, and methionine for breaking histamine. Antihistamine did nothing for me. Food avoidance is the only thing that helps . People with MCAS can be salicylate sensitive, too.
  24. S

Fibromyalgia

Dairy,salicylate and histamine free diet is the key for me.
  25. S

Truth about Adrenal Fatigue

Thanks but DlPA did nothing for me. Never tried DPA.
  26. S

I take some Preg and Dhea, but not much because I get acne and thick facial hair.
  27. S

Still waiting for phosphatydilserine order, and using seriphos for muscle pain but I feel sleepy on it. Is there any way to get around this problem ? I have to take it during the day too, to stop my muscle pain.This is the best thing I have ever used for pain so far.
  28. S

I think seriphos contains phosphatidylserine. Last week I ordered PC by mistake.. so I should place an order for PS again.
  29. S

My serine level is borderline low. L-serine , and most of the above mentioned supplements did nothing for me symptom wise , but Seriphos reduces my muscle pain.Perhaps I should try phosphatydilserine soon. I am going to buy some from a ebay seller.
  30. S

Hi X, I tried most of the candida stuff you mentioned and saw no improvement, but this is nothing compared with the daily pain I had. My stool test was normal too, only high level of streptococus . I am going to try the candida stuff again anyway. take care