• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. hugh_jass

Started Serrapetase and Samento today - Odd reactions

Oh, and my left knee started hurting REALLY bad for no reason.
  2. hugh_jass

Started Serrapetase and Samento today - Odd reactions

Actually I got Doctor's Best Natto-Serra with Serrapetase and Nattokinase. I took one capsule before I left for work today, around 1pm. Right before I got to work, I think I over did it and took 5 drops of Samento around 2pm. Not sure why I did that. One drop didnt seem like it would be enough...
  3. hugh_jass

Grapefruit Seed Extract Herx?

Thanks for the replies. I stopped taking the GSE. My Serrapetase and Samento will be here tomorrow. Thats good to know what the actual herx signs will be if I have any, @Valentijn . I experience almost all of those already except the fever. My normal temps are also pretty low. Usually high 96 or...
  4. hugh_jass

Grapefruit Seed Extract Herx?

Hello everyone, I've never tested positive for Lyme but have only had tests through LabCorp and they always show just one band positive. Ive been chronically ill as far as I can remember so I decided to try a Lyme treatment and see if its been hiding in me since my tick bite as a kid. Well...
  5. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

@caledonia @Sushi @Valentijn Thanks for all the relies. I got another test result. It was Sulfate on my 24 hr Urine Test. Range was something like 10-30, mine was a 36. No big deal I guess, just a little high. Its high on the urine test strips at home too. I really cant afford any test other...
  6. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

Thanks @Sushi I just found a really good article explaining Vit D dysregulation/infectious disease link. https://www.chronicillnessrecovery.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=293%3Avitamin-d-metabolism-dysregulation-causes-low-serum-25ohd&catid=1%3Ageneral&Itemid=5 Maybe I need...
  7. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

Hi @caledonia , long time, no talk. I dont have any of those mag/potass symptoms. Interesting read from that podcast. Ive heard that more than once about the lyme. Even my doc is stumped and says its some kind of infection. I think Im definitely digesting fat because I have plenty of it. I had...
  8. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

Thats good to hear. Thanks for yyour time and effort looking into that. It must be something else. I work for a very long time as a landscaper down here in S. Fla and even working in the sun 6 days a week my Vit D was low. Whenever i google low Vit D 25 and high Vit D 1,25 i see alot about the...
  9. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

Thanks @Valentijn , Thanks for the reply! I read your post. I was unaware of so many possible VDR SNP's. I thought only what popped up in genetic genie were the ones that mattered. Unfortunately, this is all still very confusing. The brain fog refuses to let me learn anything new. I went to 23...
  10. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

Hi @Critterina , I took abunch of supplements since i found out what my snp's were. One of the Detox SNP's had to do with estrogen so i took calcium d glucarate. I guess it worked. I see my b12 is still nowhere near optimal though despite supplementation. My Vit D is always low and i cant...
  11. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

@caledonia or anyone else that wants to take a look. Heres is a bunch of bloodwork I just got done. Tell me what stands out. Amino Acid Profile, Qn, Plasma - Urine Taurine 82.0 umol/L 29.2 - 132.3 Aspartate 3.0 umol/L 0.9 - 7.4 Hydroxyproline 13.4 umol/L 4.7 - 35.2 Threonine 73.5...
  12. hugh_jass

Blood work based on SNP's? What to test?

Im going to go see my doc in a few weeks. Now that I know what my mutations are, what should I have him test for in my blood and urine? HOMOZYGOUS BHMT-02 BHMT-08 HETEROZYGOUS VDR Bsm VDR Taq ACATI-02 MTHFR 1298C MTRR A66G MTRR A664A CBS 699T CBSA360A DETOX: HOMOZYGOUS CYP1B1 L432V...
  13. hugh_jass

Help with Lab results

No, I dont know.
  14. hugh_jass

Help with Lab results

So I got my sulfate strips before the weekend started and I have shown over 1200 every time I test. I havent started the low sulphur diet yet. I will though soon. I have experimented with some supplements and had one extremely clear minded day. The TMG and Calcium Glucarate should be here...
  15. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

@caledonia So I got my sulfate strips before the weekend started and I have shown over 1200 every time I test. I havent started the diet yet. I will though soon. I have experimented with some supplements and had one extremely clear minded day. The TMG and Calcium Glucarate should be here...
  16. hugh_jass

Help with Lab results

Thanks. I tried the online mouth braces too. They stink. Sore jaw, drool everywhere, they fall out, etc. I do have TMJ too, at times when I wake up I have to pop my right jaw joint back in. I dont have braces now. With braces, if I remember correctly from when my friends had them there was 4...
  17. hugh_jass

Help with Lab results

@Martial The diagnosis is fairly recent, about 6 months now. Ive tried over-the-nose masks and I now have a nasal pillow mask which is more comfortable. For some reason I never fall fully asleep with the mask on. Its more of a twilight state. Its like my brain stays awake paying attention to the...
  18. hugh_jass

Help with Lab results

@Martial Thanks for the reply. I do have Severe Obstructive Apnea. But also have CPAP induced insomnia when the mask is strapped to my face so I cant sleep with it.
  19. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

@caledonia Here are my Detox Snp's, are they important? HOMOZYGOUS CYP1B1 L432V rs1056836 GG +/+ NAT2 K268R rs1208 GG +/+ HETEROZYGOUS CYP1B1 N453S rs1800440 CT +/- CYP1B1 R48G rs10012 CG +/- CYP2C9*2 C430T rs1799853 CT +/- CYP3A4*1B rs2740574 CT +/- GSTP1 I105V rs1695 AG +/- GSTP1 A114V...
  20. hugh_jass

Help with Lab results

Thanks for the reply. Im not sure about a FULL iron panel but when I have my iron checked I always checked Ferritin because low Ferritin could mimic hypothyroid, which I always suspected but the numbers were always decent and I tried small doses of armour thyroid and got jittery. Iron and...
  21. hugh_jass

Help with Lab results

My background is I'm a 38 y/o male, severe fatigue, never wake up feeling refreshed - EVER, overweight, dieting never works, I have to kill myself at the gym to lose weight (slowly) then it comes back twice as fast, I wreak of ammonia if my workout is anything above mild. I really think I'm...
  22. hugh_jass

BHMT-02,BHMT-08 ++ Behaves like CBS+ meaning?

@Valentijn ,Hello, Ive seen you say this before in another thread about CBS and BHMT not being important. Is it just because Yasko said it (Ive read she did screw up the CBS) or do you have scientific literature to back that up? The reason I ask is I just got my 23&me results results and Im...
  23. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

Wow, @caledonia Thanks so much.
  24. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

Also, this morning I was looking at some blood work from a while ago and my Manganese was "none detected." Wonder what process would deplete my manganese.
  25. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

@caledonia I had mercury fillings and had them removed by a bio-dentist a long time ago. Never really chelated though except for juicing cilantro. Ive been checked for lyme but it was negative but took MMS and some other stuff, including Marshall protocol to see if I could get ant die off...
  26. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

I just read what somebody posted about ammonia from Yasko: Hopefully this will help to clarify what I see as the CBS C699T relationship between ammonia, BH4 and the urea cycle. Also I have heard that there has been a lot of talk about ammonia on this site lately. Perhaps this will help to...
  27. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

Thanks so much for your reply! As far as liver problems I have been tested for EVERYTHING. I actually wish I had something so at least I would have an answer. I just eat regular diet. Probably over-carbed with bread but not a lot of meat except for an occasional sub or hot dog. Believe it or not...
  28. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

Heres what I have from the chart and a little bit about myself. Please help. Ive waited so long to finally get this done. HOMOZYGOUS BHMT-02 BHMT-08 HETEROZYGOUS VDR Bsm VDR Taq ACATI-02 MTHFR 1298C MTRR A66G MTRR A664A CBS 699T CBSA360A My background is Im a 38 y/o male, severe...
  29. hugh_jass

SNP Results. Please help

I was finally able to afford a 23 and me test. Here are my results. Now i have no idea where yo start. Please help.