• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. V

A and D from fish oil

Thank you both for your replies! Wishful, I know and hate that type of marketing ploy. That's the reason I've checked many products, this is a recent change and I cannot find any that contain only natural (from fish oil) a & d. I was hoping someone could suggest a brand. Ive checked...
  2. V

A and D from fish oil

I've taken vitamin a and d from fish oil, as a supplement (not cod liver oil, only the vitamins) for years. I recently tried to order this and it seems ALL the brands now sell vit a and d as a synthetic version "and" also from fish oil, with no mention of how much is from fish oil and how...
  3. V

Will Freddd be back on these forums?

Hi Red04, I had recovered on Fredd's protocol, but I still always felt like I was pushing my body hard all the time. Too many symptoms to mention had gone away, but I still had some that remained which seemed to be related to systemic inflammation. Stomach and intestinal issues (gastritis...
  4. V

All gone wrong on the anti candida diet - HELP NEEDED.

I wanted to add, alcohol, caffeine, and tomatoes are some of the worst offenders and I was intolerant to all of them. Athene, your allergy to tomatoes may be an insensitivity to salicylates as they are very high, especially when cooked and eaten as sauces and pastes. Velha
  5. V

All gone wrong on the anti candida diet - HELP NEEDED.

Hi Justy (and this is for you also Athene), Sounds so familiar!! About 10 years ago I started an anti-candida diet, I felt a lot better for a bit but then it slowly went downhill after that. It took me years to figure this out and I had to have very severe symptoms BUT I got so much better...
  6. V

Arx, Thanks for the reply. I did know that Freddd had CFS in the past, but he was recovered. I am one of his success stories and have myself recovered from severe CFS using his protocol. I was severely ill in the summer of 2009, I used Freddd's protocol, antimicrobial herbs, and alterations...
  7. V

Does anyone know if Fred's illness is related to CFS?
  8. V

Bacterial overgrowth in stomach?

Hi Troy - This sounds a lot like me! I'm not sure what you mean by horrendously sick, but I get brain fog - horrible fog that prior to getting whatever it is in my stomach under control was present 24 hours a day. Only after some time on Fred's protocol, along with antimicrobials AND an...
  9. V

I don't notice a difference with the ad B12

Shellbell didn't seem to notice this comment, but I wanted to add that she took a fluoroquinolone also and I believe it was the start of the issues that have her here today... Velha
  10. V

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Ahhhh, you should do a quick search on this - FQ's cause all sorts of damage and problems for so many people. The symptoms tend to show up 'late' several months to about a year later and sometimes people don't put it together. This is due to damage on the cellular level - just like when...
  11. V

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi, I haven't been following this thread so maybe I'm missing something, but it seems as if you had a panic reaction to adB12, is that right? I've heard others speak of this too. Before starting this protocol I too suffered panic attacks and anxiety. My history is clear - first panic...
  12. V

The 3 Ps A Closer Look at the Middle One

Stressman, An individual may need to support methylation, overall general nutrition (vitamins and minerals andd prescription amino acids if plasma levels are low), and ALL mitochondrial co-factors (alpha lipoic acid, carnitine fumarate, d-ribose, CoQ10, etc.) all at once in order to start...
  13. V

Glutathione & Precursors - Detox or Induced Methylb12 and Methylfolate Deficiencies?

This is exactly what I found. I've followed Fred's protocol for over a year with GREAT success! I have tried, glutamine and rice protein on multiple occasions (also trying to work on leaky, allergic gut and to fix low amino acids possibly related to poor digestion). I never had an...
  14. V

frequent urination leading to OI/POTS/NMH?

I have an irritable bladder too - I'm fairly sure mine is related to yeast allergy as it has gone away multiple times when on oral antifungals, but it always comes back afterwards. I used to have symptoms similar to diabetes insipidus - thirsty and lots of urination (separate from the painful...
  15. V

Best sublingual Methyl B-12?

Hi Moon, I have to second what Rich has said - Fred had others test several brands and jarrow and enzymatic therapy were the best. A recent reevaluation showed that Enzymatic therapy is somewhat better, but either will do the trick. Velha
  16. V

Have you had a remission?

Hi Justy, I know this wasn't directed at me, but this is the kind of remission I have now. I work full time, I take care of my household with three pets, look after my young children and still feel absolutely fine! I continue to amaze myself. Prior to having children I never went to...
  17. V

Fred's protocol Hi Justy, (PLEASE PRINT THIS POST OUT AND KEEP TO REREAD) I KNOW it seems complicated at first, I felt the exact same way. But it is doable!! Moderate to severe CFS brain fog makes it seem way more complicated than it is!!! First, NO, NO, NO to the methylB12...
  18. V

Hi, I've had a remission, didn't realize I had CFS or the remission at the time though. My first case was mild and occured when I was ~21, I believe it was brought on by a toxic antibiotic. Anyway, at the time I was a student living far from family and didn't really have much to do, besides...
  19. V

How Fast You Walk May Predict How Long Youll Live by Iris Tse

Very interesting - I had (I'm so much better now) slow onset CFS and without noticing it was walking more and more slowly over the years. Last year I started Fred's protocol and after about 9 months I one day noticed I was walking fast again - I no longer avoid trips (like going to get a...
  20. V

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Lee Ann, What you want to do is read the active B12 thread - this is where the protocol information is, this thread is for posting questions about that protocol. Read it in it's entirety, many times if necessary, there is a lot of useful information there. From my experience, and...
  21. V

The Dangers of Probiotics: invasive infection, antibiotic resistance

Hi Diesel, I'm glad to see this topic raised here. My experience if different than most and may or may not be associated with the concern you posted - basically I was thankfully able to see that probiotics were a huge contributor to my brain fog. As they are so strongly recommended...
  22. V

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Yes, it would seem so. Are you taking injections? How many? The peak serum concentration will vary considerably for someone taking 6 lozenges one at a time throughout the day (lower) than an individual who takes two 15 mg injections per day (higher). The idea is that higher doses at once...
  23. V

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Cigana, What you've described is a very common phenomena - once you've gotten the mB12 and methylfolate (and possibly other things in place), your body starts up a whole lot of things it hasn't before. This can and typically does create other deficiencies which can lead to returning to...
  24. V

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Red04, We are all different, but I wanted to share my experience just in case... I had slow onset CFS, just gradually got more and more tired over ~5-7 years. I was fine energy wise, actually a lot better, during my first pregnancy and I was unknowingly/unintentionally supplementing with...
  25. V

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi bluezone, I may be able to help with one of the questions. what Fred has said and what worked for me was to take the methylfolate on an empty stomach and time it before your injection - it can vary from 30 minutes or an hour to 1.5-2 hours. I think this depends on your digestion and...
  26. V

Angular Chelitis

Hi LaurieL, This is caused by a deficiency of one of the B's. I had this on occasion prior to starting Fred's protocol. Are you taking the B-right 2x's per day? If not try that first... Post back and let us know how it's going.. Velha
  27. V

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi aquariusgirl, You sent me a PM about the amino acids I take - I tried to reply but received an error message stating that your storage capacity had been reached. Here's some info: They are a custom mixed powder from a compounding pharmacy - I am a bit surprised but I haven't bothered...
  28. V

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I have a similar story to share. An acquaintance of mine was also B12 deficient, she suffered fatigue and hypersensitive skin, this is a neurological side effect of B12 deficiency. Her hypersensitive skin dissapeared with the addition of mB12 but her fatigue did not. It was not until the...
  29. V

B-12 - The Hidden Story

If you are following Fred's protocol it isn't advised. I had serious dietary issues and malabsorption and tried rice protein and l-glutamine individually and on several occasions at various doses. Each time I found the same thing that Fred has said he and others in his glutathione precursors...