• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

anyone have burning, aching legs?

Updating progress, @Stretched and @TrixieStix. Have been taking the Celebrex & Famvir combo since early Feb., the really sharp painful burning in feet went almost away, or I thought it had majorly improved, legs /feet still swell/hurt but I could stand without them hurting immediately like they...
  2. R

Agreed, I plan on mentioning it at my next appt. at any rate. If it is a co-immune disorder, it makes sense to me tht it would effect more people w/ this illness too.
  3. R

I have them in my cart, but if I get on the combo, I will wait so I know the pos/negs are attributed too, you know what I mean. But, I will leave them in my cart, so I can always add them in down the road.
  4. R

Thanks @TrixieStix I do have a lot of those symptoms, and it is just the cartilage that burns on my ears/gets br red. I have the nose/facial redness, throat/neck issues. If I talk for any length of time/which is rare nowadays I will get very hoarse too. A few months back I had some issues w/ my...
  5. R

@TrixieStix Yes from what the neuro told me it seemed pain mgmt. was about the only thing at the time. I wonder about the vasculitis too, since I swell up so badly, it just feels like I am constantly inflamed for lack of a better term. On my feet/legs, they blow up, use my arms/shoulders, they...
  6. R

@Stretched Thanks very much, yes for me it is a reality too, and need to change if possible, I keep hoping. I will try to see if I can get them, not sure if my ins. formulary covers the Celebrex, the Famvir is on the formulary, but monthly limits, so will have to see. I have tried Prednisone in...
  7. R

Thanks very much @Stretched , I tried Valtrex in Dec. b/c I also believe in this theory, but it alone did not seem to help too much, but I was only on it for like 3 weeks. Can I ask what is the dose for the Famvir/Celebrex combo is and does your ins. cover it? I will be calling Monday to try...
  8. R

I forgot to mention my feet/toes lower legs get very, very cold in winter, like ice blocks, my Dr. can tell a sig diff. just by touch. I was reading a few of the other threads, I also have inner ear issues/chronic sinus issues/inflammation/etc.. I am of the mind that inflammation is what I am...
  9. R

Someone mssg'd me, so I am going to update my experience best I can to date: Still having major bone pain & edema/swelling has only gotten worse. My feet & legs swell the most & arms/shoulders, but everything does now with minimal exertion. My feet/toes have been getting really swollen to the...
  10. R

Kidney function elevated will an ultrasound be any benefit?

Hi Barb, I do not think it is just a theory, as it was from a pub. study. When I looked last year, I found several articles relating to it, ie: the creatine/muscle breakdown in CFS, one said if you had it, it was considered a "gold standard" biomarker that you indeed had ME/CS. If I get the...
  11. R

Hi Barb & all, thanks for the responses, I had the ultrasound done last Fri. will get the results at next visit. I just looked it up again, there are several things about the elevated creatinine from creatine due to CFS/infections. I have only a mildly elevated level, so I do not think kidney...
  12. R

My kidney function has been elevated for awhile now, Creatine is the main one, from what I have read previously it is just a normal side effect of ME/CFS which I have told my Dr. as I didn't think there was much to be done for it. My labs from last Wed. came in today and they want me to do a...
  13. R

Symptoms By Deadlock Quartet and other nutrients

Fredd, I have a lot of these issues in sev. of the list you posted. If you could read my org. post I posted, that might help too. But I would really like to start your protocol, but I am not sure how I should start, ie: how many, dosage, etc... I have been having a lot of pain issues and losing...
  14. R

yes, I have taken probiotics, done Bragg's Apple Cider vinegar drink, yogurt, etc...A friend is getting me something she takes, it's from an organic food store, I can't think of the name now. But, yes I too was worried about gut flora being wiped out. As for the swelling it only happens in my...
  15. R

Hi, new to posting here, but not new to this illness. I have the pain in my lower legs as well, and it is pain. It feels like it is the bone that hurts, it is worse if I am standing or walking on them for even short periods of time this symp. started in 2008. But, I had been dealing w/ other...