• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. 2manyhobbies

New study finds vast majority of diseases have only a very small genetic contribution of 5% to 10% at most (so much for 23andme testing)

Respectfully Patti: Where did you find the reccommendations cited for cardiac deficiency and restless legs?
  2. 2manyhobbies

New study finds vast majority of diseases have only a very small genetic contribution of 5% to 10% at most (so much for 23andme testing)

But what is low? If you have enough ferritin to keep hemaglobin in the average normal range- say 14-16, I wouldn't be too in too big of hurry to increase ferritin. Part of the reason women are protected from heart disease and cancer( to an extent) premenopausal is that their ferritin levels are...
  3. 2manyhobbies

Exactly, I think the medical community is always- repeat always- trying to tell us it would not matter it was just in the cards for us. I do strongly believe Snps have a strong influence on our overall health They are an important part in which foods we choose, which exercise is best for us...
  4. 2manyhobbies

What is the best test for B12 status?

I've read, Sherry Rogers I think, that the MMA test is pretty much the gold standard for B12 sufficiency.
  5. 2manyhobbies

Doctor who will provide vaccine exemption?

Hopefully its a moot point by this time. I see several states are suing for government intervention as far as mandates go. I'm sure Texas ,Florida and Arizona were in that number.
  6. 2manyhobbies

Which b12 ?

I use Jarrow methyl b 12 1000 mcg per day and upon testing my levels are always good. I use it under my top lip.
  7. 2manyhobbies

China is using high dose vitamin C therapy to help treat coronavirus patients

Perhaps this has been covered but you can make your own Lipo-C at home using sodium ascorbate,Everclear,Soy Lecithin and water. YouTube has many recipes ..The only caveat I'll interject is that I've found shelf life short,so if you go this direction make small batches. 1 tsp equals 1 G...
  8. 2manyhobbies

Antivirals Effective Against Coronavirus?

Regrettably I haven't read all posts but I have read Cathcart,Levy and Paulings works and they all seem to agree that enough ascorbic acid( vitamin C) will end most viral and bacterial infections. I recently read a hospital in Chicago is giving high dose C(1500mg 3X day). That's not high by some...
  9. 2manyhobbies

Loss of smell and taste validated as COVID-19 symptoms

Not surprising Zinc levels plummet under stress. If they checked C reactive protein I'm sure it would be high due to inflammation.
  10. 2manyhobbies

"French study finds hydroxychloroquine doesn't help patients with coronavirus"

Gee, it was a CNN report and it was slanted anti Trump??? Go figure! I had read the study early on and as I recall the average patient had been diagnosed for 2 weeks. If the treatment is started in the 3-7 day the results are much more promising The addition of Zinc and an antibiotic seem to...
  11. 2manyhobbies

Minimata disease, heavy metal and biosphere interactions, and me/cfs

Wow that's scary! So a little history I'm an avid fisherman and my wife and I have caught and eaten hundreds of smaller fresh water fish from strip pit lakes in the Midwest, until we started getting sick. My hair( methyl) mercury showed .232 ppm.and I presented with associated Hg. poisoning...
  12. 2manyhobbies

Would you try a Lyme disease treatment ?

It is.my belief and several.medical professionals that LD can be.spread.by many vectors including chiggers and mosquitos..Kind.of.broads a the exposure range. I'm of a.firm.belief as.well.that MCS/Chronic fatigue are related to an.under functioning glutathione system perhaps chemically...
  13. 2manyhobbies

My LD had me start so low that I thought it useless until i.tried a larger dose too soon. Samento kills a lot of bugs and needs respect. I started at one drop for like 1 week then 2then 3 at week intervals.. 15 weeks later I began to believe I'd survive. At 18 months it was a.had memory.
  14. 2manyhobbies

As a victim of late stage LD who recovered without antibiotics by using Samento for a period of 18 months, I would recommend this approach before embarking on antibiotic therapy. I was fortunate enough- after many well meaning but LD illiterate MDs- to find a practitioner in Chicago who...
  15. 2manyhobbies

An epiphany of sorts

I am truly frightened by the widespread use of this chemical. Huber says,I if I'm recalling correctly that it is worse than DDT! It is appalling that is is used as a dessicant on most cereal grains prior to harvest.It is almost inescapable. That would be troubling as well for those who use...
  16. 2manyhobbies

An epiphany of sorts

Please forgive my long absence, feeling quite well but still doing my research. Thank God for YouTube and those amazing minds that use this conduit to delay their findings. .If this is old hat again forgive me but for some I think.it.May be a crucial aspect in healing. Glyphosate...
  17. 2manyhobbies

Not absorbing vitamins...any ideas?!

Glycine is a very important amino acid for but health as well and plays well with l glutamine.As an aside glycine has a myriad of other benefits including de toxing glyphosate.
  18. 2manyhobbies

What the H*** is Going On? I feel like I'm dying.

If changing your diet has brought about change you may conclude that was part of your problem. You must understand that most commercial chicken has arsenic added to it's food as anantiparasitic and rice - if from China- has been shown to have pesticide residues. Never any chickens from Aldis...
  19. 2manyhobbies

They suggest every 5 years now i think
  20. 2manyhobbies

I will never get another vaccine of any type--only benefit big pharma... I read that hydrogen peroxide kills tetanus bacteria oncontact.
  21. 2manyhobbies

Could taking SSRI have contributed to my relapse?

The sad fact Andy is many members of this forum put it together far better than most Mds. They go by what drug reps tell them and leave it at that .
  22. 2manyhobbies

Sorry to hear youre feeling bad, I was thinking right along Caledonia's mind track with the metal poisoning. It sounded so much like symptoms Cutler describes in Amalgam Illness. I had a tetanus booster a couple years ago and it really messed me up for a while. I had asked the E.R. staff if...
  23. 2manyhobbies

Could taking SSRI have contributed to my relapse?

In my experience tricyclics like Amitriptyline or Impramine are usually a little tougher to taper from. The SSRIs have quite a bit of flouride in them as an adjuvant which interferes with magnesium metabolism. Which in turn could cause a relapse as it is key in ATP production. Trying to...
  24. 2manyhobbies

Reverse engineered approach to longevity

In the process of watching a youtube by Peter Attia, trained as an Oncologist but is quite open to alternative approach particularly in regards to diet. I was turned to him by my son who's big into weight training and practices a Ketogenic diet practiced at least in part by Attia. I...
  25. 2manyhobbies

On-going supplement poll

And maybe the most important component is a healthy gut-- I've been around the block(several times) with the latest and greatest but you're fighting a losing battle if your gut isn't healthy. Parasites ( almost everyone has them) SIBO and H Pylori are pernicious and stubborn, perhaps...
  26. 2manyhobbies

Beware high dose MSM---- safe as water??

Hoping just to share something else I learned is that ceruloplasm metabolism in the liver is shut down by dosing with vitamin D- has something to do with retinal (pro vitamin A) I understand that the ferritin rise is the result of ceruloplasm reduction--not exactly what you want as...
  27. 2manyhobbies

Beware high dose MSM---- safe as water??

This is my attempt to give back a little for all the knowledge I've gleaned here, in no way do I want or need sympathy, if this saves someone the same experience that's what I seek. After much research I started in on high dose MSM for it's reported anti inflammatory properties and most...
  28. 2manyhobbies

Anybody discover Magnesium?

I've never had any positive result from oxide but as you rightly observe everyone is different and I could be an exception. I have had pretty good result from chloride both orally and dermally and currently use an Amazon picometer Mg. and seems to be a decent product .
  29. 2manyhobbies

One thing I should add-- if you ask your Md. to test be sure it is an RBC test. They mistakenly did a serum test for me(requested RBC) and it showed high Mg. but I demanded another draw and retest for RBC-- it came back 4.5 which is quite low. I am shooting for 6-6.5 but it may take...
  30. 2manyhobbies

If you are really depleted it may take a while to really feel things kicking in- remember it's the 4th most abundant in your body and a couple hundred mg. isn't much to a multi gram deficiency--but I wouldn't stop using it- maybe increase coverage and throw in an epsom salt bath frequently...