• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Kreiss

What can cause anxiety when taking methyl donors ?

Hello everyone, I am MTHFR C677T homozygous. Every time I try to take a methyl donor like L-methylfolate or trimethylglycine (TMG) I get anxiety, and I am trying to find out what could be the cause. These are the results from 23andme: COMT V158M rs4680 GG -/- VDR Taq rs731236 AA +/+ MAO A...
  2. Kreiss

MTHFR & COMT

I finally got the results from 23andme: COMT V158M rs4680 GG -/- VDR Taq rs731236 AA +/+ MAO A R297R rs6323 GT +/- MTHFR C677T rs1801133 AA +/+ MTRR A66G rs1801394 AG +/- MTRR K350A rs162036 AG +/- MTRR A664A rs1802059 AG +/- I went to see my naturopatic Doctor today, and She told me my...
  3. Kreiss

How do I get the raw data from 23andme website ?

Hello, I went to 23andme website to check status of my lab tests. it shows "6 of 6 steps to your results". To me it means the results are ready, but I don't see where I can download my raw data. Can someone please help me. Thank you.
  4. Kreiss

MTHFR & COMT

No, I am not COMT A/G. from the genomind lab test, I am COMT Val/Val, which means I am COMT VAL 158 GG. I have not tested sulfate levels, aluminum or heavy metals. are these tests done through hair or blood ? Could that be the reason why I get anxious when I take any methyl donor. Thank you.
  5. Kreiss

COMT and methylfolate

I did some gene lab tests and found out I am homozygous MTHFR - C677T and homozygous COMT - rs4680 Val/Val. The explanation says higher COMT activity and parallel reduction in frontal lobe dopamine. From my understanding this means my body breaks down dopamine faster than normal. Every time I...
  6. Kreiss

MTHFR & COMT

so are you rs4680 val/met ? I am rs4680 val/val. The only symptom I get when I try methyl donors is anxity. It is not only with methylfolate, but with any methyl donor. I started taking trimethylglycine (TMG) last Wednesday, and my anxiety worsen by Friday. Had to stop taking it. I...
  7. Kreiss

MTHFR & COMT

Thank you for your response. It can go either way depending if you are COMT MET or COMT VAL. In this link it explains how the COMT val/val (warriors) affects dopamine. It states people with this allele break down dopamine faster than normal. http://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs4680 It is the...
  8. Kreiss

Any doctor/practitioner suggestions for genetic mutation support?

Anyone knows a good genetics doctor in the San Francisco Bay Area. Thank you
  9. Kreiss

MTHFR & COMT

I did some gene lab tests and found out I am homozygous MTHFR - C677T and homozygous COMT - rs4680 Val. The explanation says higher COMT activity and parallel reduction in frontal lobe dopamine. From my understanding this means my body breaks down dopamine faster than normal. Every time I...