• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Diagnosis, Treatment Dilemma--UK. Suggestions wanted

Thank you very much to everyone who responded. I do read all the responses carefully, even if I may not respond to every point made. Be assured that everything is appreciated. It may not help me get proper medical treatment, but your replies help me get a sense of how it is here in the UK for...
  2. B

Thanks for your reply. I am happy to do what I can from my bed with my computer. I do sign petitions and try to read forums, offer supportive comments, etc. I feel sometimes like a fish out of water because I have not been diagnosed with ME, and now I am afraid to try to get that diagnosis...
  3. B

I want to add that it was suggested in another thread where I introduced myself, that I should contact Dr. Myhill. However, it seems from her website that she only provides something of a guidance info letter to one's physician about treatment, and for this charges a sum of money I would not be...
  4. B

I do not know if this is the right place to ask my question. I was ignorant of this predominant attitude and treatment model. I thought I must have ME, due to my symptoms. I had been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 12 years ago and gradually became worse, with one 2-3 yr period of improvement and...